Temp ID issued

jmeans23970

My father's wallet was stolen yesterday and in it was his ID of course. He has been issued a temp picture Alabama ID (paper copy) until the hard copy arrives. (30 days). Will he have any trouble using his temp id on the cruise we have scheduled next Saturday from the port of Mobile, AL? I called Carnival and they said it was up to HS, and HS said it was up to Carnival. I was wondering if anyone knew of something like this happening or knew of someone I could call. Help please!

Texas temporary ID is a paper with a photo. My daughter's friend lost his wallet and was able to board from the port of Galveston last week. He did have an old expired license, but I don't know if he used it in addition to his birth certificate and the temp Texas ID.

Good luck!

Can you go to the DMV and get a copy issued there? If he has a passport that would work (this is not a 'get a passport' comment, just an idea). My kid has used his college id before (and he was over 16), he left his wallet at home...we won't go there. My mother used her SEC card once, again we won't go there. But I would look and see what alternate PHOTO id he may have (maybe work, don't think the BJ's card will work:D).

Can you go to the DMV and get a copy issued there? If he has a passport that would work (this is not a 'get a passport' comment, just an idea). My kid has used his college id before (and he was over 16), he left his wallet at home...we won't go there. My mother used her SEC card once, again we won't go there. But I would look and see what alternate PHOTO id he may have (maybe work, don't think the BJ's card will work:D).

In alabama you have to go to the Probate Office, and they issued another id, but gave him a temp paper copy. He did have an expired one. But yay for us, it was in his wallet.

Texas temporary ID is a paper with a photo. My daughter's friend lost his wallet and was able to board from the port of Galveston last week. He did have an old expired license, but I don't know if he used it in addition to his birth certificate and the temp Texas ID.

Good luck!

Is there anyway you could ask him?

In alabama you have to go to the Probate Office, and they issued another id, but gave him a temp paper copy. He did have an expired one. But yay for us, it was in his wallet.

Does the paper one have a picture on it? The rule says government issued photo id (not laminated, not DL).

Yep, and it's in color

I'd bet it will work -may take a little longer, but it fits the requirement.

So he'll need:

Original or suitable quality copy of a Birth Certificate (Issued by the department of vital statistics) this is from Carnival.com and they DO NOT mean a good xerox copy and hopefully not in his wallet.

A government-issued photo ID is also required for all guests, including children 16 and over.

Good luck!

Archived