Minidonk

Has anyone stayed at Fairfield Inn Fort Lauderdale the night

before cruise with the cruise package? You can leave you car

there for up to 30 days and they take you to the port. Is it

easy to get a cab back there after the cruise. The cruise package

for November is $129 but the senior rate is $101. The rate at the

one parking place is I think $42 for 7 days and they take and

pickup. Not sure which to do. Any suggestions? Thanks

This is a fairly new property, if it's the one in Dania Beach. There is a Courtyard next door and we have stayed there often. You can walk to one restaurant (mostly seafood, it's inside a sporting goods emporium) but otherwise there is absolutely nothing nearby. Except for the "Fishing Hall of Fame Museum" next door which is actually pretty entertaining. Once.

We stayed there when they first opened. There is an $8 per person each way charge for the shuttle. When we were there the shuttle was a large motor coach bus that didn't leave until 1:30 so we just went to park n go. I could never get a straight answer from the hotel or cab companies as to wht a cab would cost, maybe someone on this board knows. Really tough to find somewhere to eat near there.Hotel itself is fine.

We stayed there last December. It was brand new and really nice. We didn't leave our car there, though. We parked at the port. It was so easy being the parking lot is directly across the driveway from where the ship docked. My Mom and sister and her girls took the shuttle to the port. I think it was $12pp and they made a special trip for them. If you wanted the general cattle call, I think it was $8. It was nice to be able to leave when we wanted.

I would for sure stay there again. They even have free shuttle service to some restaurants and shopping places around the area. Just call when you're done and they come and pick you up. Loved it!

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn on Griffin Road. I'm not sure if you are talking about the same one. It was very nice. Had a nice continental breakfast. You could leave your car there for 30 days. We were only on a 7 nighter but did leave our car there. The shuttle to the ship was $8 each way. They did have a free shuttle to and from the airport. We decided to take a cab to the ship and it was $17 to get there and then $16 to get back and get our car early Sunday morning. There was a Publix about a mile down the street and some restaurants nearby. There were a lot of cruise passengers staying here. Quite a few ordered pizza and had a little get together in the breakfast area. we paid $79 for the night.

Archived