buying Bare Minerals/Escentuals in port

Karin&Isaac

Hi. I haven't cruised in about 3 yrs and in that time have changed my makeup to Bare Minerals. I used to get Clarins and Clinique at AH Rise in St Thomas. I will be back on a cruise late Nov and was thinking about getting Bare Minerals there. Does anyone know if it is sold there (or anywhere in St Thomas, St Martin or San Juan), and is it less expensive than Ulta or Sephora?

Thanks.

Karin

• 2 weeks later...

I also use BE, and I've been to those ports twice in the past year and a half, and didn't see it anywhere. Granted, I wasn't specifically looking for it, but I do look at makeup wherever I see it (LOL), and there's not a lot of makeup generally - mostly fine jewelry, tobacco, liquor and souvenirs. I didn't shop in St. Thomas - did the beach - but I don't think shopping is big there, and if you can find it anywhere on your trip, it would certainly seem to be San Juan, but I don't know how much you'd pay for it there. (If you don't get a decent answer here, you might want to try the Port of Call boards. There seem to be a lot of people on CC who are experts on certain locales & lurk around those pages.)

Clinique is everywhere! I love their lipsticks and glosses, but I stick to BE for face products, and I totally agree that it's worth it. My skin looks 1000% better. I don't mind paying retail - it's still cheaper than a lot of the upscale liquid makeup out there - but I do like to get something back, so I buy it all from Sephora and enjoy the free samples and the VIB rewards program.

Archived