rock climbing questions

This will be my first cruise on a ship with a rock climbing wall on radiance in november. My wife and I are both really into climbing and have lots of experience. The questions are:

Does an rccl employee have to belay you on the wall or can you pass a test and belay your partner like in A gym on land?

Could I bring my own shoes chalk and harness or do they not allow chalk/uswing own equipment?

Are there specific hours it open or are they open most of the day?

I remember my first cruise on carnival the slide was only open like 4 hours a day. Lame!

If you are already into climbing I wouldn't waste to much time on it, it really is more of a novelty than anything else. The entire wall is all the same, "easy"..

Me, my wife , and kid 9 each made it to the top on our first try. This was basically our 1st time ever...

I fear you'll be a tad over experienced for the climbing wall.

It's a good thing open most of the time especially on sea days.

You can take your own boots if you like but I don't think there is anyway they'll let anyone other than a RCCI staff member handle the ropes.

I agree with what everyone else has said about having to use their equipment and they will control it. However, you can pick a more difficult route or use try to use only the wall and none of the holds they have. When you get on the ship, check out the wall to see if it looks like something you will enjoy.

Archived