Camp carnival- Dream - 6-8 y.o.?

Cruisinchristie

We are going on the Dream over Thanksgiving. My boys are 6 & 8. We have cruised on Princess our last two cruises - they liked the camp the first year (3-7) but this year my 8 yo said the camp was boring (it was the 8-12 group) they didn't really do much - video games was about it (Wii tournament, etc)

I looked at cruisinmama's capers page - (thank you!) but I was wondering if anyone has capers for the Dream - specifically Eastern Carib.

If not, tell me what you or your kids liked/disliked about camp.

Thanks!

Christie

Our youngest son did a number of cruises in the 6-8 group - in fact, on his last cruise in that group he turned 9 during the cruise, but we didn't try to move him up because he did so well with the 6-8 group. (That was on Carnival Glory, which sailed the Eastern itinerary out of Port Canaveral before Dream.)

What did he like? Late night parties were a hit with him. They don't do the "super" late night parties that the older kids do, but he enjoyed the 10 pm-midnight parties for his age group. He also liked crafts, some of the ball games, and - another favorite - the "Hunt for Funship Freddy."

What did I like? With the exception of 1 of our 13 cruises, the Camp Carnival staff has been just terrific. They're great with the kids and very responsible.

What did I dislike? Sign-in and sign-out. It's time-consuming. I realize that this is partially a result of their being responsible - they really check to make sure that the adult picking up the kids is authorized to do so, and they only check in/out one at a time. However, I wish there was a better way - if you end up with a parent in line who wants to talk to the counselor, everyone else ends up waiting.

Archived