Major Marine Seward

calee

I have taken the 6 hour Kenai National Park tour with Kenai Fjords tours in Seward in the past and enjoyed it. This year I'm considering the all day Kenai National Park tour with Major Marine,for a change. Major Marine's tours are lauded by Frommer's travel guide and I'm looking for someone who's done both or, at the least, taken Major Marine's tour and can tell me about it....anybody ???

I prefer Major Marine over all the "others" here. All you can eat prime rib and salmon buffet,reserved seating,actual park ranger naturalist on board and a great kid's program.The boats are laid out differently.They take a picture of your group before you get on and offer the picture for purchase.You are going in the same waters so wildlife and scenery not much difference. :)

Calee, I have gone with both companies. I perfer Kenai Fjords. The tours are similar. I liked the food being included. Kenai Fjord served us Halibut, which was good. What I didn't like about Major Marines was that I booked several months in advance and we were assigned a inside table. People who walked up that day got the outside tables. Kenai Fjords does not assign tables and people move around all day. It will be a great trip with either company. Good Luck. Carla

Archived