Taxi tour?

mrar

Okay, so basically, there are so many options and I just don't know what I want to do. St. Lucia is probably the port on my itinerary that I am most excited about in terms of natural beauty. Right now, things that have looked appealing (you may suggest otherwise) are a tremendous view of the Pitons, walking around the steamy volcano, and checking out waterfall. But I'd really to be open to any suggestions) I want my St. Lucia experience to be spectacular, what do you recommend (or not recommend) - both in terms of mode of transportation and other sight seeing opportunities? I have heard of taking a taxi for a personal tour, sailing around the coast , and going on day-long excursions. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with Krissy!

We used James as our tour guide when we visited the island and he is GREAT! He was very friendly and very easy going! He took us, literally, around the island and it was the best experience we've ever had! Its highly recommended and it wasn't expensive either.

Pretty much, just tell him what you wanna do and what sights you wanna see! He'll take care of you! AND, he'll bring you back to the port at a perfect time!

ST LUCIA is the best island we visited and it's all because of James! =)

Yes taxi tour is the way to go. It is affordable, flexible and a great way to see all that the island has to offer (which is a lot). I suggest a really great guy named James to drive you around. You can pre-arrange with him to make sure that it all goes smoothly. His email is: tourstlucia68@yahoo.com Just tell him Krissy sent you... He was highly recommended by a friend that took his tour over a year ago and he was everything that my friend told me. That is pretty good to stay consistent over time. He has nice clean vehicles that are air conditioned.

Just wanted to say thanks for this post.

We now have James booked for the day when we are in St Lucia in December.

One question. Did he take just your group around or did he pick up others as well?

Yes it is very possible and totally worth it... The Pitons were my favorite destination!

Thank you for your reply. There are 4 of us so we will probably get a taxi at the dock and try to get out there. For medical reasons we can't be off the ship more than 4 hours.

St. Lucia is the only island on our cruise that we haven't been to before. Looking forward to it.

I had pre-arranged with James via email and it was just me and my friends. There were only 4 of us and it was just perfect. He is like your personal driver! You will love him.

There are just four of us too! Did you tell him where you wanted to go or did he suggest? Of interest please, how much did he charge you and what was included - drinks/lunch - yes/no?

Thank you for your reply. There are 4 of us so we will probably get a taxi at the dock and try to get out there. For medical reasons we can't be off the ship more than 4 hours.

St. Lucia is the only island on our cruise that we haven't been to before. Looking forward to it.

I was there last week on a tour & if you have a medical condition that you MUST be back onboard I don't think I would risk a taxi ride....there is basically 1 main road to & from the Pitons..a narrow twisting road...and if there is any kind of accident or slow down traffic pretty much comes to a halt...our driver told us of one time he had to drive thru peoples back yards because of an accident & his passengers were in danger of missing the ship...

I have been to St. Lucia twice and never encountered a problem with a taxi. James has always been on time back to the ship. I also have read many reviews and never heard of a problem like you mention. If I had a medical condition I would rather be on a taxi tour with James then on a boat tour or large group tour. Being in your own taxi and having your personal driver allows him to be very flexible to your needs. James is the best!

Maybe this is Spencer's way of pushing his water taxi service then...but that is what he told us last week ...one road in..one road out...since I don't live there I have no idea if it's true or not...

Archived