changed from driving to flying, some questioins

ottmar

We are taking the Crown from Ft. Lauderdale on Nov. 27 and had planned to drive our RV from Ohio down and take in some extended trips after the cruise. Things have changed since our RV is now out of commission and we need to fly.

We will fly to FLL on Friday and stay in a hotel (any recommendations?) mostly just to sleep overnight and make our way to the ship with taxi or shuttle, whatever we find when I search for a hotel.

Next, our return flight would be at 12:30 in the afternoon which should give us plenty of time since the airport seems near.

Any other suggestions?

...Ott

We find the Hyatt Place North location very convienent and reasonably priced. They have a free shuttle for the airport and the port. We book out stay thru valuetrips dot com for a lower weight. Easy walking distance to restaurants and shops.

Now that I have my flight the day before and my hotel with free transfers to from airport and to ship, should I buy insurance?

I had not worried about lost luggage when the plan was to drive to the dock but now I wonder and is it too late to buy trip insurance that includes coverage on the ship though I have two month to go but final payment has been made? And is that going to cost me more than it would have had I taken insurance at the time of booking?

....Ott

Archived