Sunday shopping in Portland

hoosier1971

We will be docked in Portland this Sunday, October 3rd. The jewelry store that I wanted to see is closed on Sunday. Are their any shops in the Old Port section that are open on Sundays and if so at what time?

After a quick search it looks like Porte 4, D. Cole, Springers and Cross Jewelers are all closed on Sundays....is one of those the one you wanted to visit? There will be shops open on Sunday -- most likely opening around noon. If you let me know the type of jewelry you are searching for, I will try to find another alternative for you! :)

Our ship is in port on Sunday, Oct. 10 from 7 to 7. Can you also please check to see if any of the local tours combine a tour of Portland and also go to Freeport for some shopping time (or at least direct me to a site that can provide this information)? I though I had seen an arrangement like this earlier, but did not make note of the site giving this information. Thank you so much for your help.

Our ship is in port on Sunday, Oct. 10 from 7 to 7. Can you also please check to see if any of the local tours combine a tour of Portland and also go to Freeport for some shopping time (or at least direct me to a site that can provide this information)? I though I had seen an arrangement like this earlier, but did not make note of the site giving this information. Thank you so much for your help.

I'm not aware of any independent tours to Freeport - sorry! Your best bet might be to rent a car. Enterprise is the closest rental facility (1 Marginal Way, Portland). Freeport is about a 15-20 minute drive from Portland. I think Enterprise is only open until noon. You might be able to fit in a tour of Portland early in the morning and have Enterprise drop off the car before they close at noon...??

Archived