large suitcase for 2 on Carnival Ecstasy

nessa26

Is one large suitcase allowed or do they have a size limit on luggage? I want to pack me & fiance together in a big suitcase, the largest one I can find!! What do yall think good or bad idea??

Bad idea. What you want to do is cross-pack TWO medium sized suitcases. By cross-packing, I mean putting some of yours and some of his into EACH suitcase, in case one gets lost. That way, each of you will have things for several days. This applies to both flying and cruising. The number of suitcases you bring aboard isn't an issue. The size is, though. The very large suitcases are bulky, heavy (if you overpack like you intend to do), and not easy to lug around. Porters will charge you more. Are you flying or driving to your port? How long is your cruise? What time of year are you cruising? Important questions.

U cant do carry on with a large bag?

You sure can't do carry-on with a large bag if you're flying! Another thing...what ship, and what cabin category? Have you ever cruised before? Are you aware of the standard cabin sizes? Where will you put this very large bag in your cabin? How many days is your cruise?

Carnival has a limit:

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds and not exceed 16"H x 24"W x 30"L. Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 24"W x 16"H x 30"L. This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags. Please note that Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on luggage.

We packed one large each (cross packing them with a little of mine and his in each one). Then we had one carry on with our very important stuff in (jewelry, makeup, flat iron, etc). He carried on the hanging bag with our attire for formal night in it. When the cruise was over we merged everything into the two suitcases and put the hanging bag in the carry on.

Carnival has a limit:

Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds and not exceed 16"H x 24"W x 30"L. Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 24"W x 16"H x 30"L. This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags. Please note that Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on luggage.

We packed one large each (cross packing them with a little of mine and his in each one). Then we had one carry on with our very important stuff in (jewelry, makeup, flat iron, etc). He carried on the hanging bag with our attire for formal night in it. When the cruise was over we merged everything into the two suitcases and put the hanging bag in the carry on.

How soon was your checked luggage delivered? Before or after the wedding?

On our wedding cruise it was delivered before dinner. BUT.... on the 3 cruises before this one it took a lot longer...it was at the end of the night on day one. There was one cruise where my luggage came first but my husbands didn't arrive until the morning of day 2.

It all depends.

I think the reason we got our luggage quicker on the wedding cruise is b/c we were some of the first passengers to board the ship. Where as other cruises our luggage gets stuck in the midst of everyone elses luggage and it takes longer to deliver.

That is why I do a carry on with all our important stuff we will need for the night/make up, toiletries, jewelry, hair products, a bathing suit etc.

:)

On our wedding cruise it was delivered before dinner. BUT.... on the 3 cruises before this one it took a lot longer...it was at the end of the night on day one. There was one cruise where my luggage came first but my husbands didn't arrive until the morning of day 2.

It all depends.

I think the reason we got our luggage quicker on the wedding cruise is b/c we were some of the first passengers to board the ship. Where as other cruises our luggage gets stuck in the midst of everyone elses luggage and it takes longer to deliver.

That is why I do a carry on with all our important stuff we will need for the night/make up, toiletries, jewelry, hair products, a bathing suit etc.

:)

Well thats good to know!

Archived