Name Tags for Meet & Mingle

Whippets

Thank you Traveler1969, that was just the answer I was looking for. We have 50 people signed up for our Meet and Mingle.

Some time what RCI provides amounts to as little as possible. If your motivated, or have someone in your group create them ahead of time, it can be helpful. We had someone in our group make up name tags with CC - usernames and home town on them on our Freedom cruise. . It really did add to the event.

Some time what RCI provides amounts to as little as possible. If your motivated, or have someone in your group create them ahead of time, it can be helpful. We had someone in our group make up name tags with CC - usernames and home town on them on our Freedom cruise. . It really did add to the event.

Went to two M&M on the Oasis and this statement is true. A RCI host gave a small gift and a raffle ticket as you enter the lounge. Another rep gave a short welcome aboard speech while highlighting things to do on the ship. Followed by pulling raffle tickets out of the jar giving out small gifts. I thought it was very impersonal compared to the M&M I have attended with Celebrity and Carnival.

If you want to make it special your group needs to come up with some ideas to enhance it. Possibly gift exchanges, name tags, recognition topics (Most post to thread, traveled the furthest distance, most cruises, most cruises with RCI, most cruises with the ship, oldest cruiser, youngest cruiser, biggest family group and whatever else you can think of). These things allow you to learn more about your travel companions and make for more participation by your group. Someone in the group must volunteer to pull it together.

The Ohio folks have spoken. Thanks (I'm from Ohio, too - Toledo).

If they do not provide name tags do they send notices out to the people who have signed up to tell them the date, time and location of the meeting or is someone in the group responsible for that too?

I have only been to Meet and Greets on other cruise lines. Sorry for so many questions.

I have not done a M&M on RCCL but here's what I did.......you can never depend on what the ship may or may not do.;)

On the Roll Call, everyone let me know who would be attending. Even still, some will not show up. After I contacted the ship coordinator, I was given a time and a place and let everyone know on the roll call. I made a sign for the door using the Cruise Critic logo which can be found in a sticky.

We had a name for our group which I made sure I put on the sign for the meeting room, otherwise, there are people who see Cruise Critic and think it's an open invitation to criticize the cruise.:p

I also made name tags using the Avery blanks with a picture of the ship we were sailing on. I put a _______________ where I hand printed names but they could be left blank and everyone writes their own when they show up.

With all they have to do on the ship, I did not count on anyone providing these things and then finding they didn't materialize. I would rather do it myself and know for sure what I have and it wasn't much trouble at all.

As far as notifying people, I know some who have hand delivered reminders to the cabins. I had better things to do than find everyone's cabin. Plus, I figured once the date and time were posted on the roll call, it was up to the people to get themselves there.:p

We just did the Transatlantic on the Jewel and had a very large (288+) sign up for the M&M. When we arrived in our cabin there were two sheets there that were perforated and had the M&M invite, a name tag (with your name printed on it and a place to put your CC screen name) and the raffle ticket. When we got to the M&M they gave each person a thingy (for lack of a better term) that went around your neck and had a pen and pad inside and a see through pocket on the outside to slide your name tag into.

The Ohio folks have spoken. Thanks (I'm from Ohio, too - Toledo).

If they do not provide name tags do they send notices out to the people who have signed up to tell them the date, time and location of the meeting or is someone in the group responsible for that too?

I have only been to Meet and Greets on other cruise lines. Sorry for so many questions.

When you reach your stateroom, you should find a card containing a name tag, raffle ticket and a notice giving the time, date and location of the Meet & Mingle. The name tag has a blank space for your CC name as well as your real name. At the M&M there have usually been badge holders for your name tag/seapass card. Someone in our groups frequently brings special name tags which we can wear when we gather for an informal meet and greet at sailaway.:) The quality of the M&M experience really depends on how active your roll call has been and really depends on the people who attend and participate more than on the cruise staff.:)

Thanks for all of your answers. When sailing on another cruise line I made up name tags for all the registered attendees. Sometimes people don't always show up..... Since we are traveling to Venice, I didn't want to take up precious suitcase space if RCI had name tags.

Happy Sailing to all!

Archived