Left a girlfriend, came back a fiance! Pictorial Liberty Western Review 9.11.10

TinkyPatz

Well, I hope you guys like LOTS of pictures because there are a LOT coming... I'm trying to type the rest as quickly as possible but I'm actually sneaking it in the middle of work :eek: so it's taking longer than expected. I have the second part ready, but CC restricts me to only 6 pics a post so there's gonna be lots of posts, this is, after all, a pictorial review! :D

Congrats on your engagement! Can't wait to see more pics! This is right on time as me and dh are thinking about doing the Liberty next year. I am ready to see as many pics as you wanna post:D

Side Note: I know your fiances' pain,I suffer from sciatic pain too and it's horrible :(

Congrats on your engagement! Can't wait to see more pics! This is right on time as me and dh are thinking about doing the Liberty next year. I am ready to see as many pics as you wanna post:D

Side Note: I know your fiances' pain,I suffer from sciatic pain too and it's horrible :(

Yeah, the poor thing, he further damaged it from carrying all our bags everywhere

and you will love the Liberty!

I'm running out the door, so I don't have time to attach all the pictures, but I leave you with a little bit of day one:

Embarkation Day - 9.11.10

After much running around packing stuff, going downstairs and grabbing a couple of bagels and cream cheese, and going back up to the room, I find Jason standing by the door, and we ate our bagels as we packed the rest of our belongings. Then we ran downstairs. It was 9:40. We made it!

4J9WG.jpg

We waited in line and the shuttle was there promptly at 10:00am. There were 2 ladies in line behind us (who I later saw at the VIP line in the port), that just plain jumped in front of us while the driver was loading the van, and I mean put their bags in front of ours, that were next in line to be loaded. I understand you get priority boarding when you are VIP, however that does not allow you to cut in front of every line. I let them go first, giving them the evil eye, and then said “you ladies can go ahead, we're all going to get there at the same time.” To which they replied “Oh, we were just trying to get away from the exhaust on the bus”. Oooooooook.

We left the hotel at 10:15, and got to the port at 10:35, dropped the bags with the porters, and were all checked in and waiting to board by 11:00am. On a side note, I want to say that our porter (can't remember his number) was helpful and courteous. He gave us tags for the bags and we didn't even have to touch our luggage, he carried it all to the bin. While waiting for our tags, another couple came with a $20 bill and asked if he had changed in order to give him a tip. He said “nevermind, it's ok, keep it”. I've read on here of porters being absolute jerks at the port but, knock on wood, we've never had a bad experience.

After a short wait, they started embarkation, and we stepped on the Liberty at 11:45am. Now, let me tell you something. We had never been on a Conquest class ship, much less one as beautiful as the Liberty. The atrium is a sight to behold, and I fell in love with that chandelier! As others have mentioned before the décor is toned down compared to the other Carnival ships, and it has been, by far, the prettiest ship I've been on. I also really, really liked the themes of all the different places, such as the Paparazzi Bar, the Cabinet, and the Piano Bar.

The atrium was decorated with the USA flag, in honor of 9/11.

w0OJE.jpg

The chandelier!

ahokS.jpg

The atrium bar

K5zrQ.jpg

EFWnu.jpg

The glass elevators

gogdZ.jpg

I'm enjoying reading your review and love the photos. The Liberty is my favorite Carnival ship, love the decor and the food and staff were excellent on every cruise we took on the Liberty. We're booked on the Liberty again for next May, after looking at your photos, I had to dig out my cruise ship photos again and re-visit the Liberty.

Thanks for posting your review and congratulations!!!

Rose

Can't wait to see and hear more about your trip!!!!!!!! This is the best review yet I have ever seen on any board!!!!!!!!!! You are making it so exciting for the rest of us who still have to wait....thank you so much for this great review!!!!!!!!

By the way, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Waiting to hear all about the getting engaged part of you cruise. Keep it coming I, for one, am hanging on your every word:):):):)

I'm enjoying reading your review and love the photos. The Liberty is my favorite Carnival ship, love the decor and the food and staff were excellent on every cruise we took on the Liberty. We're booked on the Liberty again for next May, after looking at your photos, I had to dig out my cruise ship photos again and re-visit the Liberty.

Thanks for posting your review and congratulations!!!

Rose

Thank you!

The Liberty became our favorite ship as well, and I love having a review that I can come back to years from now and re-live everything! Have fun on your cruise! :)

Can't wait to see and hear more about your trip!!!!!!!! This is the best review yet I have ever seen on any board!!!!!!!!!! You are making it so exciting for the rest of us who still have to wait....thank you so much for this great review!!!!!!!!

By the way, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Waiting to hear all about the getting engaged part of you cruise. Keep it coming I, for one, am hanging on your every word:):):):)

Oh wow, thank you for that compliment! :D Even Dear Fiancé is reading it, and this isn't even his kind of thing, lol!

It was ok, lots of overpriced drinks and food right on the strip, nothing much to ]do unless you wanted to be at a bar or at the beach, we just walked around taking it in.

LOL @ this statement. that's exactly what i would be doing in SoBe. :rolleyes:;):)

same here about the sciatica. just had an ESI my backside, hope im all healed up before my Dec. cruise!!!

Well, even if you're not, there's no better place to relax and heal! The only downside is that you might not be able to take the stairs and work off some of that food! :eek::p

Looking up from the atrium

z3TCt.jpg

Looking down at the atrium

R6rVJ.jpg

HkvLg.jpg

This is what you see when you walk through the doors to the Lido

DV3nc.jpg

And if you look behind you

fwmfH.jpg

The main pool, below the seaside theater was closed upon embarkation, but the adult pool was open

aOeWJ.jpg

Great review, awesome pictures! I really like the way you write, I feel like I'm reading a storybook with great illustrations!

I can't wait to hear about the proposal and ring and all. I am kind of hoping that mine and Dan's cruise in February might come to the same end, but I'm not letting him know that I'm on to him!

I can't wait to read more!

As soon as we boarded I went straight for the Mongolian Grill, and Jason went for the fish and chips. For those who don't know, the Mongolian Grill offers several different items, such as noodles, carrots, broccoli, onions, etc. that you put in a bowl and hand to the cook, then you choose between shrimp, chicken, beef or any combination you want. They then mix the protein with the vegetables in a wok and you decide which sauce you want. I had noodles, broccoli, peppers and onions, with chicken and beef. It was really good but a little salty.

Jason got some fish and chips that were DELISH, and some tuna with watermelon, and I didn't particularly like it. Also, we brought 2 Bubba Kegs for our drinks on board and this is something I truly recommend. Those cups from Lido are not big enough, so we would fill up our kegs with water or lemonade and take them around the ship. We even forgot one on a table one day, but thankfully it was still there when we went back for it.

Burrito Bar salsas (same concept as the Mongolian Grill)

ufHbv.jpg

The Lido buffet was full!

ZKJNL.jpg

Our plates, ready to get Mongolian-ned!

x4JTO.jpg

Mongolian Grill toppings

Dchv3.jpg

Mongolian Grill choice of proteins

f2uwG.jpg

The woks

8dZzW.jpg

Archived