Trying to decide Serenade or Summit cabin 6143 vs 9160

Travelalot2

Hi everyone. At first I was trying to decide between the Serenade of the Seas and the Summit. We have been on all of RCCL's sister ships in the brilliance class except the serenade so know what to expect. We are new to celebrity. Summit had the best rooms still left for our date - 6143 and 9160. If we stick with the Summit, which one would you choose? We love large balconies but 6143 looks like it has a little larger room and a nice size balcony. Thanks.

The Serenade was our favorite ship on RCCL, but we were ready for a change of pace as it seems like she has been overrun by families and children lately. For that reason we switched to Celebrity. However, we just got off the Serenade in August. The cabins will be smaller, but the Serenade is in excellent condition.

We were in 6144 (same as 6143 but different side) on the Summit this past March - the balcony was very large - two chairs, table and two lounge chairs. The room was about 1 foot larger than typical cc rooms. Enjoy!

In my opinion, 6143 is the better choice. Althrough 9160 is an aft cabin and might have a better verandah (not sure) to me I would not pick it because it is directly beneath the Waterall Cafe. You may experience the sound of food carts or sliding chairs. This may or may not be an issue for you. When I was on a Baltic Cruise a few years ago I had a suite below the Waterfall Cafe (not the Celebrity Summit but a different Celebrity where the Waterfall was mid-ship). We heard food carts moving and chairs scraping during the day. I sleep pretty soundsly so I didn't notice it at night so much.

In either case I know you will have a wonderful cruise!

Enjoy! Happy Cruising! :D ;)

Archived