Would anyone be interested in starting a "challenge"?

I found an online photography school and they do challenges once a week. I got to thinking about it and was wondering if anyone on here would be interested. Although, it wouldn't be a challenge in terms of who can do what better but more like a challenge for what to shoot. They had one that really has intrigued me and I thought it would be fun to do on here.

The challenge is...walk/run/drive/cycle 10 minutes from your home/work and take a photo. In other words, no cheating. Stop when you get to 10 minutes and start shooting. The purpose of this, according to the other site, is to open our eyes to photographic opportunities we might not otherwise see.

Is anyone interested in doing this?

I found an online photography school and they do challenges once a week. I got to thinking about it and was wondering if anyone on here would be interested. Although, it wouldn't be a challenge in terms of who can do what better but more like a challenge for what to shoot. They had one that really has intrigued me and I thought it would be fun to do on here.

The challenge is...walk/run/drive/cycle 10 minutes from your home/work and take a photo. In other words, no cheating. Stop when you get to 10 minutes and start shooting. The purpose of this, according to the other site, is to open our eyes to photographic opportunities we might not otherwise see.

I could probably do it once a week. I can provide some beautiful pics of grass and stuff. :D. Now I'm curious of what is ten minutes away from me.:confused:

I could probably do it once a week. I can provide some beautiful pics of grass and stuff. :D. Now I'm curious of what is ten minutes away from me.:confused:

That is the point...find out what is 10 minutes from us. We don't have to do a challenge each week. Just thought it would be fun to maybe start something. See how it goes and then do another one if it goes over well.

Sign me up.

JimmyJames

OK - I'll play. DH and I went for our evening walk and found out what's 10 minutes away:

Cool bushes

DSC00357.jpg

The typical El Paso stone and wrought iron fence:

DSC00352.jpg

Our mountain in the distance:

DSC00354.jpg

The beginning of fall in El Paso - no pretty colors, just a few dead leaves:

DSC00358.jpg

I think the people sitting on their porch across the street thought we were a bit weird. Especially when I got down on my knees for the close-up of the leaf.

This drive was 10 minutes, including time to park and walk down the access path:

5597B62517304FF1BB600F06DCA4A498.jpg

And though my main interest was to snap a shot of the beach, since that is 10 minutes on the nose, I also couldn't help but snap a few shots of the local beach residents, who are out in force this time of year - you cannot get to our beaches without walking through groves of gumbo limbo, sea grape, and holly trees, and those trees are very heavily populated during this season with the massive golden orb weaver spiders (the females are the giants, while the small males pale in comparison, and don't survive the mating process!):

8CDE841DFEF747B59C977E66E96EA223.jpg

49666217A95E41F199C3F0E2FBA2846C.jpg

782D3EB1E6F8496EBDDCD0B1E9CCC997.jpg

All shot with my little TX1 ultracompact, as I don't normally think to bring the DSLR to the beach...the ultracompact is always on me.

• 4 weeks later...

I need tasks to stay motivated, what is the name of the photography school? I'd like to explor it.

Thanks

I need tasks to stay motivated, what is the name of the photography school? I'd like to explor it.

Thanks

Here is the link to their page....

http://www.digital-photography-school.com/

They also have a page on Facebook...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/digitalps

or you can search for them Digital Photography School

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived