Would anyone be interested in starting a "challenge"?

This Fir tree is next to our mail box.

5233494316_cc047fcfb6.jpg

Historic house in a park near our home... (taken early in the morning at -35)

5204984088_4a0e869841.jpg

Brrrr. Great shots - the lighting on the house is gorgeous. We spent a winter in North Dakota with 35 below temps - with 80 below wind chill. I like it here in Texas better - it's 42 now with a forecast high of 63.

Thanks Sparky . . . so when is the next flight to Texas? :) Those temps sound just fine!!

North Dakota has no trees to stop the wind :D . . . nasty weather (Similar to Manitoba, Canada)

Brrrr. Great shots - the lighting on the house is gorgeous. We spent a winter in North Dakota with 35 below temps - with 80 below wind chill. I like it here in Texas better - it's 42 now with a forecast high of 63.

Happy to, as soon as my wife let's me play with my new 70-200mm lens. For some reason, she's got this thing about not using Christmas gifts before Christmas.:mad: I'll see what I can come up with and post something soon.

I must be married to your wife's sister. My wife will not let me play with my new Canon Pixma 9000 pro printer.

JimmyJames

I decided that waiting on a new lens was just an excuse, so I played around with some things in the house, and then ventured out into the dull, gray, overcast day (my excuse for poor lighting :D). Nothing spectacular but hopefully adding on to jimjamxx's jello shots to keep things moving.

_MG_4506-edited.jpg

35mm, f/4.5, 1/50 sec, ISO 2500 (postprocessing to darken the black background)

_MG_4489_edited.jpg

42mm, f/6.3, 1/50 sec, ISO 3200

_MG_4509.jpg

85mm, f/5.6, 1/500 sec, ISO 100

I must be married to your wife's sister. My wife will not let me play with my new Canon Pixma 9000 pro printer.

JimmyJames

I just got one of those, too. Talk about a big box! It came with a new Canon EOS 7D (ahhh, that new camera smell). Been trying the camera, haven't had time to get to the printer.

Art

I just got one of those, too. Talk about a big box! It came with a new Canon EOS 7D (ahhh, that new camera smell). Been trying the camera, haven't had time to get to the printer.

Art

I thought about doing the same thing, with the rebate.

Buy the camera and the printer is free.!!!

Decided to keep my same body(Canon xti) with the multiple lenses I all ready have.

18-55is, 55-250is, 10-20is(sigma), 50 1.8 prime, 50mm macro, 70-300(non is).

I will save my pennies to look at the Canon T2i.

That way I will be able to use the lenses I all ready have.

JimmyJames

Not just for the $400 rebate, but overnight shipping was free. I ordered them Wednesday morning (New York) and they were delivered (Florida) Thursday morning. The 7D replaces my 20D as the main camera, and my lenses (Sigma 17 - 70 and Canon 70-200L f4-5.6 plus Canon 1.4X extender) fit. I needed the 7D because of the improved weather sealing - I do a lot of nature and travel photos, often in rainforests - and the video capability is interesting.

The Pixma Pro9000 replaces my Canon i950 that finally gave up and is giving me the print head error signal (obsolete model - no parts available).

Art

• 2 weeks later...

Archived