Norwegian Star Photo Tour

Atomica

You're correct! Thanks for catching that; a case of my fingers typing faster than they should be :)

Yes, I have been eye-ing those suites. I absolutely love those end suites with the killer views - but since our party consists of 4 adult women, and we each want a real bed to ourselves, not a sofa bed, our choices are limited. Even the new family suite that we selected that is described as sleeping 6, doesn't meet our requirements of 4 real beds; but it does offer a queen bed that can be made into 2 twins, plus the double size murphy wall bed and lastly a sofabed - so we will have to be content with "4" bedding options.

I am super curios about the middle two DOS with the extra small bedroom. I believe those cabins can only accomodate 6 with the 2 sofa beds in addition to the main queen bed - but no Murphy bed - right?

Again, thank you for posting your pictures. I was so impressed, I even forwarded them to my NCL travel rep!

Yes, I have been eye-ing those suites. I absolutely love those end suites with the killer views - but since our party consists of 4 adult women, and we each want a real bed to ourselves, not a sofa bed, our choices are limited. Even the new family suite that we selected that is described as sleeping 6, doesn't meet our requirements of 4 real beds; but it does offer a queen bed that can be made into 2 twins, plus the double size murphy wall bed and lastly a sofabed - so we will have to be content with "4" bedding options.

I am super curios about the middle two DOS with the extra small bedroom. I believe those cabins can only accomodate 6 with the 2 sofa beds in addition to the main queen bed - but no Murphy bed - right?

Again, thank you for posting your pictures. I was so impressed, I even forwarded them to my NCL travel rep!

You're correct about the middle DOS with the extra bedroom - no Murphy bed there. The small bedroom is just that - quite small. For two kids, it's perfect, and for one adult it would probably be very comfortable. Two adults in that small bedroom might be pushing it, as I can't see there being a lot of space to move about once that sofa is converted into a bed.

Thanks for the forward to your travel rep! I'm really glad you enjoyed the photos.

Singinglizzie, the two middle DOSs have a king size (not queen) in the master bedroom, a hide a bed in the second bedroom, and in the living room one more hide bed. In the second bedroom once the hide a bed is pulled out there isn't any room to walk around the bed (in fact while you can open the closet doors you won't be able to pull out the drawers). Even in the living room when the hide a bed is pulled out you barely have enough room to squeeze around at the foot. However, I'd still say go with this suite - it has a SECOND bathroom. Four women - one bathroom - need I say more...

Also, the master bedroom is huge! It's larger than the living room area (excluding the dining area), and I believe I saw in a one of Snowmom's photo they had a roll away bed brought in and placed in the master. This would give you the fourth bed in the event you don't want to share the king.

Another benefit with the DOS you'd get three bottle of alcohol and free sodas/water.

I had the opportunity to tour the Norwegian Star on Saturday while she was docked at Canada Place in Vancouver, and I have the first part of a two-part Photo Tour of the Star up on my blog if anyone is interested:

http://fromthedeckchair.blogspot.com/

This first part deals mainly with staterooms, and has several photos of some of the new suites up on Deck 12 in place of the former Spinnaker Lounge. I was really impressed at how well the overall renovations came off. The new rooms and corridors are done in a completely different style from the rest of the ship, but it strangely works well and only seems to add to the diverse number of suites and staterooms on board.

Tomorrow's article will details some of her public rooms, including the new Spinnaker Lounge.

Thanks so much Aaron, these were fantastic. I am staying in 12502 next May and LOVED seeing all your pictures!!!!

Singinglizzie, the two middle DOSs have a king size (not queen) in the master bedroom, a hide a bed in the second bedroom, and in the living room one more hide bed. In the second bedroom once the hide a bed is pulled out there isn't any room to walk around the bed (in fact while you can open the closet doors you won't be able to pull out the drawers). Even in the living room when the hide a bed is pulled out you barely have enough room to squeeze around at the foot. However, I'd still say go with this suite - it has a SECOND bathroom. Four women - one bathroom - need I say more...

Also, the master bedroom is huge! It's larger than the living room area (excluding the dining area), and I believe I saw in a one of Snowmom's photo they had a roll away bed brought in and placed in the master. This would give you the fourth bed in the event you don't want to share the king.

Another benefit with the DOS you'd get three bottle of alcohol and free sodas/water.

Thanks for the suggestions GIRR, I completely agree with you that the DOS would be a great cabin. Our issue is that no one wants to sleep on a sofa bed, so I have agreed to take the one in the suite we are currently booked on. If we took the DOS, we would have 2 sofa beds, which just won't work. I don't understand why NCL doesn't offer a better bed set-up, especially in a suite :(?

Thanks so much Aaron, these were fantastic. I am staying in 12502 next May and LOVED seeing all your pictures!!!!

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the tour. 12502 is one of those suites that really has a 'wow' factor to it.

Archived