Norwegian Star Photo Tour

Atomica

I had the opportunity to tour the Norwegian Star on Saturday while she was docked at Canada Place in Vancouver, and I have the first part of a two-part Photo Tour of the Star up on my blog if anyone is interested:

http://fromthedeckchair.blogspot.com/

This first part deals mainly with staterooms, and has several photos of some of the new suites up on Deck 12 in place of the former Spinnaker Lounge. I was really impressed at how well the overall renovations came off. The new rooms and corridors are done in a completely different style from the rest of the ship, but it strangely works well and only seems to add to the diverse number of suites and staterooms on board.

Tomorrow's article will details some of her public rooms, including the new Spinnaker Lounge.

Atomica , thank you very much for the long awaited photos. They are really beautiful.Can hardly wait to cruise on her thru the canal as she makes her way to new home in Tampa. The new staterooms look fabulous. Jo-An

loved the photos..you are apparently a "professional".. by chance, did you get a photo of the new penthouse with balcony (AH) on deck 12? There are only 4 of them, and we have one booked for Feb. hurry up with part 2!!!LOL. Dona

Thanks Dona! I'm workin' on it!

I didn't get any photos of the new Penthouse with Balcony - we took a quick peek at one, and it's laid out similarly to the new Family Suite that's on the blog. The cabin is a very decent size, but I'm afraid I couldn't tell you much about the balcony as I never really looked. :eek:

thanks for your response. I guess we will just be surprised.. Looking forward to the cruise. It will be a winter break for us from gold prospecting..in the desert in Arizona..Packing up this week and heading southwest around the 22 of Oct. If only Scotty could beam me down there!LOL..

Thanks so much for the pictures of my suite (12502) next year. I have two questions. In one picture, you showed an aft facing view. Did I understand you correctly, that the dining area has forward, side and rear views? I did not see a coffee machine in any of the 12502 pictures. Do you recall where it, and the fridge were located?

Al

Thanks so much for the pictures of my suite (12502) next year. I have two questions. In one picture, you showed an aft facing view. Did I understand you correctly, that the dining area has forward, side and rear views? I did not see a coffee machine in any of the 12502 pictures. Do you recall where it, and the fridge were located?

Al

Correct - the dining area of 12502 has forward, side, and aft views, thanks to being located directly above the bridge wing. With a dining area like that, I think I'd get room service ever day just to enjoy the amazing view!

12502 definitely has the podded coffee machine and mini-fridge; I'll look over my photos and see if I caught it in one of them. I can't recall whether it was on the aft-facing wall or if it was around the side nearest the washroom...but it's there!

Really enjoyed the pictures, thank you. We are booked in 12000 in February and I am hoping that you might be able to answer a couple questions for me. First, are there windows in the master bath? Second, is there only one bed in the second bedroom or is there one on the floor and a second mounted on the wall as in the 2 bedroom suites(AB)? Thanks for any help you may be able to give on these questions and enjoyed the pics.

I had the opportunity to tour the Norwegian Star on Saturday while she was docked at Canada Place in Vancouver, and I have the first part of a two-part Photo Tour of the Star up on my blog if anyone is interested:

http://fromthedeckchair.blogspot.com/

This first part deals mainly with staterooms, and has several photos of some of the new suites up on Deck 12 in place of the former Spinnaker Lounge. I was really impressed at how well the overall renovations came off. The new rooms and corridors are done in a completely different style from the rest of the ship, but it strangely works well and only seems to add to the diverse number of suites and staterooms on board.

Tomorrow's article will details some of her public rooms, including the new Spinnaker Lounge.

I have been trying to look at part 1, but it keeps going to part 11. Can you post part one again?

Thanks

Both of suite 12000's bathrooms are interior with no windows. As for the second bedroom it has a sofa with a hide a bed. When the hide a bed is pulled out it takes up the room! Its a shame they didn't put in a single with a pull down from the wall. My nephew used this room on our cruise and he didn't have a problem with the hide a bed, but you'll see some comments about them being uncomfortable.

THANKS for the GREAT pics, i didnt ever fully APPRECIATE that atrium until your pictures:)...i will definitely be looking at that differently on our next voyage in February!!

dont really care for the new locale of the Blue Lagoon, to me it lost its uniqueness and charm when it was moved:(

and not sure about the new locale of the Spinnaker either:confused:i will leave judgement til i see for myself...the STAR* was our favorite ship before all the changes; but do APPRECIATE you posting the pictures...THANKS;)

THANKS for the GREAT pics, i didnt ever fully APPRECIATE that atrium until your pictures:)...i will definitely be looking at that differently on our next voyage in February!!

dont really care for the new locale of the Blue Lagoon, to me it lost its uniqueness and charm when it was moved:(

and not sure about the new locale of the Spinnaker either:confused:i will leave judgement til i see for myself...the STAR* was our favorite ship before all the changes; but do APPRECIATE you posting the pictures...THANKS;)

Spinnaker's new location is a bit of an oddity - but then again, so were the gift shops when they were originally there. I think it's location all the way aft is meant to mimic the newer ships like Norwegian Pearl which have the Bliss lounge all the way aft.

Glad you enjoyed the tour!

Forget it, it finally worked!!!

Thanks again

Glad you were able to get it to work! It likes to hide the other posts sometimes...

The permanent links to both are:

PART I:

http://fromthedeckchair.blogspot.com/2010/10/focus-onnorwegian-star-part-i.html

PART II:

http://fromthedeckchair.blogspot.com/2010/10/focus-onnorwegian-star-part-ii.html

HI Atomica

I'm sailing on the Star next month and really enjoyed seeing the photos having never having sailed the Star before.

I will be posting a link to this thread and your blog on the message board for my cruise so that my new friends there can also enjoy the lovely photos.

Thanks again for taking the time to do this!

Sonia

Thank you for delivering on part II, just like you promised! I must say: WOW! Your pictures are truly beautiful. We switched to the Star from the Sun, for our girls family reunion. We each wanted our own bed and liked the idea of one big room, so we booked the new family suite category AH. Haven't seen too many photos of the Star, but after seeing your pictures, she is a beautiful ship and I don't think we are going to regret having changed ships. Thank you for sharing your photographs and insights with us all!

Thank you for delivering on part II, just like you promised! I must say: WOW! Your pictures are truly beautiful. We switched to the Star from the Sun, for our girls family reunion. We each wanted our own bed and liked the idea of one big room, so we booked the new family suite category AH. Haven't seen too many photos of the Star, but after seeing your pictures, she is a beautiful ship and I don't think we are going to regret having changed ships. Thank you for sharing your photographs and insights with us all!

Thank you for the kind words, singinglizzie!

I think you made an excellent decision choosing the Star over the Sun. The Sun is a great ship, and I enjoyed my cruise on her to Alaska years ago, but these new additions really do elevate the Star a couple notches.

I hope you enjoy your reunion cruise!

Aaron,

Thanks so much for this great post. We are sailing in the new family suite 10/25. We have not sailed the Star yet so nothing will seem "out of place" to us. We have sailed the Dawn twice so this will be new to us.

I really enjoyed your photos and description, thanks again for taking time to post.

Jo-Anne

Atomica - I don't believe the information you posted about the new owners suites on the 12 deck is correct " While none of these Deluxe Owner's Suites feature balconies, their remarkable views more than make up for it. Each stateroom can sleep up to six thanks to the inclusion of a small adjacent bedroom that's ideally suited for kids." I believe that all 4 suites can sleep up to 4, while the two middle suites can in fact sleep up to six. Just, FYI.

Atomica - I don't believe the information you posted about the new owners suites on the 12 deck is correct " While none of these Deluxe Owner's Suites feature balconies, their remarkable views more than make up for it. Each stateroom can sleep up to six thanks to the inclusion of a small adjacent bedroom that's ideally suited for kids." I believe that all 4 suites can sleep up to 4, while the two middle suites can in fact sleep up to six. Just, FYI.

You're correct! Thanks for catching that; a case of my fingers typing faster than they should be :)

Archived