Carnival Group "Amenities"

bmoore09

So we've booked our Deluxe Wedding Package aboard the Carnival Freedom on May 1st, 2011. We've got a moderately large group coming, and Carnival has an "Amenities" package with Fun Points. The Fun Points can be redeemed for a variety of things like wine for each cabin, onboard credit, robes, tote bags, etc... or a combination of things. So they sent me a list of things to choose from. The list is quite large. I have 4 Fun Points.

Has anyone used the Fun Points before? I can use them all to give each cabin a $75 credit, or do like a $50 credit and wine, or whatever. Even a cocktail party for all of our cruisers (that one would take all 4 Fun Points..so no wine or totes :-)) Anyone ever redeem these for anything? Were any of the "gifts" worth it, or should I just do all onbaord credit?

Thanks!

So we've booked our Deluxe Wedding Package aboard the Carnival Freedom on May 1st, 2011. We've got a moderately large group coming, and Carnival has an "Amenities" package with Fun Points. The Fun Points can be redeemed for a variety of things like wine for each cabin, onboard credit, robes, tote bags, etc... or a combination of things. So they sent me a list of things to choose from. The list is quite large. I have 4 Fun Points.

Has anyone used the Fun Points before? I can use them all to give each cabin a $75 credit, or do like a $50 credit and wine, or whatever. Even a cocktail party for all of our cruisers (that one would take all 4 Fun Points..so no wine or totes :-)) Anyone ever redeem these for anything? Were any of the "gifts" worth it, or should I just do all onbaord credit?

Thanks!

How many rooms did you have to book to get the fun points? We have 7 rooms and they haven't mentioned anything about fun point credits to us.

Well so far we only have 5 which they say is the minimum for fun points. But we did reserve 10. You may just want to call the groups department. Some of the first people I talked to didn't mention it, but finally one did...it seems on the up and up

We have 24 rooms booked so far and have the amenity points. We only have 4 points for that many. I think we are going to give the onboard credit of $75 per cabin. I think they will enjoy that money back more than anything else that way they can purchase what they want pics, alcohol.

Im a TA the ammenity points are given the day you book the group. Sometimes agents keep amenities points for themselves as extra commission or give it to the group leader. Also, once you get to 8 cabins you get one free birth. Its up to TA to decide what to do with this as well. Some sailing have lots of amenity points as high as 8. So its good to ask the TA which give you the most.

I am not a huge fan of the shipboard credit. I like the gifts. The tote bag is one of my favorites. Nobody has ever appreciated the money. However, I get more compliments when I send a wine and a tote bag.

Im a TA the ammenity points are given the day you book the group. Sometimes agents keep amenities points for themselves as extra commission or give it to the group leader. Also, once you get to 8 cabins you get one free birth. Its up to TA to decide what to do with this as well. Some sailing have lots of amenity points as high as 8. So its good to ask the TA which give you the most.

I am not a huge fan of the shipboard credit. I like the gifts. The tote bag is one of my favorites. Nobody has ever appreciated the money. However, I get more compliments when I send a wine and a tote bag.

Wendy, Is there a minimum cabin amount to get points? My TA told me I would get 4 points when I first booked my group. But, the way it was explained to me was I had to have 8 cabins booked to get them. She also told me we would get one free berth if we had at least 16 sailing. Do you get points if less cabins are booked?

I had 36 sailing and we were given points, I think maybe 4 or 6? Anyways, we used the points for a) a bottle of champage and chocolates in everyones room b) a bottle of red for everyone and c) the free cocktail hour. I chose to give "gifts" rather than a credit because not everyone rooming together was a "couple" so some would only walk away with a credit of $37. I have to say though, if you have a lot of young people coming or people who enjoy cocktails, the free cocktail hour was TOTALLY worth it, I was really impressed! We were disappointed on formal night when we learned that drinks are no longer free, the price was just reduced so I was concerned if the cocktail hour would actually be free. Well it was free, they had unlimited drinks of whatever we wanted. They first came out with premade rum punches but then we quickly learned that you could order whatever you wanted! We definitely got our money's worth!

Wendy, Is there a minimum cabin amount to get points? My TA told me I would get 4 points when I first booked my group. But, the way it was explained to me was I had to have 8 cabins booked to get them. She also told me we would get one free berth if we had at least 16 sailing. Do you get points if less cabins are booked?

Carnival is changing the group program as we speak, but when you booked it most gifts need at least 5 cabins and some gifts more then 5. 8 is what we all strive for since thats when you get the free berth. Some lines take away points if you dont hit it. Carnival as long as you hit 5 I have never had an issue.

I agree with the Cocktail Party. I used my points for that with my family group and we had a great time.

Also, you all know you can get t-shirts made for your group thru Carnival?

Here is the link

http://carnival.victorydyo.com/

Also the free birth is not really free. You get the amount it would cost for the cruise. The port fees and tax is not included. Sometimes thats 1/2 the cost of the cruise.

No. You will NOT get amenity points if you book fewer than eight DOUBLE cabins (meaning at least 2 people booked into each cabin) - or the free berth. BTW - the "free berth" is for ONE person only, and that person is still required to pre-pay taxes, port charges, and tips. The CRUISE RATE is the "free berth".

Carnival is changing the group program as we speak, but when you booked it most gifts need at least 5 cabins and some gifts more then 5. 8 is what we all strive for since thats when you get the free berth. Some lines take away points if you dont hit it. Carnival as long as you hit 5 I have never had an issue.

I agree with the Cocktail Party. I used my points for that with my family group and we had a great time.

Also, you all know you can get t-shirts made for your group thru Carnival?

Here is the link

http://carnival.victorydyo.com/

Also the free birth is not really free. You get the amount it would cost for the cruise. The port fees and tax is not included. Sometimes thats 1/2 the cost of the cruise.

Thanks for the info! I feel better now because I know for sure we have at least 5 cabins booked so we should get some amenities. I did realize we would be responsible for the taxes and port fees but any savings is a big welcome. Any other advise?:)

I have the amenities pdf file. There are quite a few options. I think we're going witht he $75 credit/ cabin. Most amenities only require 5 rooms booked. Cocktail hour needs 8. But there's room credits, tote bags, wine, chocholates and a bunch more.

But with the price of drinks onboard we're gonna give each room the $75 credit.

Our group booking person told us they were changing the rules on October 18th, but we'd be locked in if we chose now. (it sounded to me like it's changing for the worst, so if you have a group booked you may want to lock in something.)

Archived