uk mobile phones

LORRAINE45

hi,just contacted our mobile supplier [o2] to ask for roamer costs for our caribbean cruise,they are as follows;

outgoing calls £1.20 per mim

incoming calls £85 per min

text message .40p each

incoming free

what i would like to know is,if i use our mobile on ship do princess add anything to these charges?

thanks lorr

We didn't get charged anything extra in the Caribbean earlier this year. That said, we weren't using a contract phone, but I can't see that making a difference.

We took a cheap PAYG phone for several reasons. If it got lost or stolen it wouldn't be a big loss and there is no possibility of running up a large bill. With a pre-loaded amount of credit that is all that can be used.

We've heard too many horror stories of massive holiday bills from call charges, texts or roaming fees.

Actually the cost for using the PAYG was cheaper in all areas than the costs you mention above. Particularly cheap in Martinique as it's French and seemed to be european costs rather than worldwide.

Sometimes at sea you latch on to a maritime network. Be careful if you use your phone as it is more expensive. In ports you usually get the local network.

We found with TMobile that a picture message with text was only 20p where the text was 40p. Ask if you are the same. I don`t know why this is.

No added Princess charges.

If you have an iphone or other internet phone with apps, remember to turn off data roaming in your settings when you've finished checking emails etc, as some apps run constantly in the background and can be costly. Turning off data roaming doesn't affect normal phone use. :)

I always bring my phone O2 on the 30 day contract. I get 600 text messasges . When I use a text message it uses 4 of my allowance not bad. I one bell the kids and they ring me back therefore they don't get charged ( free calls to 02 ) and I only get the pickup charge. What ever you do DONOT use voice mail or give anyone abroad your number. I learnt at cost even if you don't pick up you get charged!!!Kimberley

hi,just contacted our mobile supplier [o2] to ask for roamer costs for our caribbean cruise,they are as follows;

outgoing calls £1.20 per mim

incoming calls £85 per min

text message .40p each

incoming free

what i would like to know is,if i use our mobile on ship do princess add anything to these charges?

thanks lorr

Are you really saying £85 per minute for answering a call? DH has an O2 PAYG phone and didn't have anything like that sort of cost on the Panama cruise (including Caribbean), as we only usually keep a relatively low credit on the phone, we would have noticed!

Are you really saying £85 per minute for answering a call? DH has an O2 PAYG phone and didn't have anything like that sort of cost on the Panama cruise (including Caribbean), as we only usually keep a relatively low credit on the phone, we would have noticed!

LOL! I think she means 85p. :)

NO sorry slip of the finger £.85p!!:cool:

Archived