Southern Caribbean on Serenade of the Seas

My entire family and i did the #2 option on your list and we had a blast. we arranged our own tours when we got off the ship and got to see parts

of the islands that the rccl tours dont take you to. Go with what your comfort level is, and have a great cruise!

Dennis is a fantastic cruise director!:)

Arranging own tours when you got off you means that you went to people offering tours at the port? What are some examples of the best things you did? Are prices cheaper or about the same as if you arranged beforehand?

DW and did a B2B on Serenade in January and saw the islands in #1 and #2. Had previously gone to Aruba and Curacao with 2 days on Splendour in 1997.

I suggest #1 for the following reasons:

- For $10-30 more p/p you are getting an extra night. You will drink that in half a day on the other cruises.

- Lots of people like St. Croix. I can take it or leave it. Went to Carambola Resort on ship excursion. Long ride and overpriced. Some people went snorkeling at Buck Island and seemed to have a good time.

- Barbados and St. Lucia are must see. In Barbados we got day passes for the Barbados Hilton. Beautiful pools and beaches. Great day. In St. Lucia we toured with COSOL. Beautiful island. Takes you to Jalousie Beach in between the Pitons where they filmed the last "Bachelor".

- St. Kitts is full of history. We toured with Thenford Grey tours.

- Can't see how this is route is intensive. Barbados, Antigua and St Maarten are beach days. St. Thomas: take the ship tour over to St John and Trunk Bay. Another relaxing day. That leaves touring on St. Lucia and St. Kitts.

- On St. Maarten if you're not into Orient Beach (partial nudity) suggest taking $4 taxi to Divi Beach Little Bay resort. Free use of beach. Rental of chair and umbrella. Food and rest rooms available. Nice family beach for a very nice day.

- You can stay on a ship anywhere.

If you can't make a decision just send me the money and I will gladly tell you what a great time I had on the 8 nighter.

Happy cruising.

hi, i'll be in barbados in january. could you tel me the price of those day passes to the hilton. thanks, shelley

Archived