Southern Caribbean on Serenade of the Seas

We are looking at doing a Southern Caribbean cruise on Serenade of the Seas in May. We have been to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Antigua, but the other ports are new to us. Which itinerary would you recommend?

1. 8 nt. Departs on 5/7/11 $709 (Interior)

Ports: At Sea, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, St. Thomas

2. 7 nt. Departs 5/22/11 $699 (Interior)

Ports: At Sea, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten, St. Croix

3. 7 nt. Departs 5/15/11 $679 (Interior) or 5/29/11 $819 (OV)

Ports: St. Thomas, St. Kitts, At Sea, Aruba, Curacao, At Sea

Thanks,

Beth

I did the southern Caribbean itinerary twice a few years ago. I love the ship and the assortment of islands on any of the itineraries you are choosing from.

However, if I were choosing for myself, I would do the St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba, Curacao itinerary. The main reason? The TWO sea days instead of just one.

I loved both of my southern Caribbean itineraries, but only having one sea day makes for a very intensive week.

Having that extra day to relax on the ship would be great....at least IMO :)

You will love it, I'm sure, no matter what one of those itineraries you choose.

Happy sailing!

I did the southern Caribbean itinerary twice a few years ago. I love the ship and the assortment of islands on any of the itineraries you are choosing from.

However, if I were choosing for myself, I would do the St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Aruba, Curacao itinerary. The main reason? The TWO sea days instead of just one.

I loved both of my southern Caribbean itineraries, but only having one sea day makes for a very intensive week.

Having that extra day to relax on the ship would be great....at least IMO :)

You will love it, I'm sure, no matter what one of those itineraries you choose.

Happy sailing!

Chef, I am with you. We chose that itinerary just for the sea days. Traveling with 3 kids...11,11 and 9...they love the islands, but Mom and Dad are gonna need some down time!

We are traveling in June...wish it were tomorrow!

We chose the one with the fewest days at sea - hubby goes stir-crazy when he can't get out & about; we don't do pools, we do beaches so sitting beside a tiny pool just doesn't work for us.

OMG-same here!!!

If it is an island we have already visited and could take it or leave it-that is the day-while most are out we enjoy the ship. We took our St. Maarten day and played mini golf, billiards and really just strolled the ship while it was quiet. Sea days are way to jammed packed for us.

All of the islands the Serenade visits are just beautiful and you just cann't go wrong IMHO on the ship and destinations! We've done the southern route twice and will again some day I'm sure. :D

We are looking at doing a Southern Caribbean cruise on Serenade of the Seas in May. We have been to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Antigua, but the other ports are new to us. Which itinerary would you recommend?

Thanks,

Beth

I vote for #2....We are considering doing this cruise next October...a back to back possibly. My DH loves to walk the beaches...he'd rather be busy seeing several ports than have several days at sea!

We're facing the same dilemma, between choices two and three. It appears that you cant go wrong with either itinerary, which makes the choice that much more difficult. We're leaning towards #2 because of more port days...if we are tired out, we'll just stay onboard at one of the last ports, or just go out in the morning and come back early.

Thanks,

Beth

DW and did a B2B on Serenade in January and saw the islands in #1 and #2. Had previously gone to Aruba and Curacao with 2 days on Splendour in 1997.

I suggest #1 for the following reasons:

- For $10-30 more p/p you are getting an extra night. You will drink that in half a day on the other cruises.

- Lots of people like St. Croix. I can take it or leave it. Went to Carambola Resort on ship excursion. Long ride and overpriced. Some people went snorkeling at Buck Island and seemed to have a good time.

- Barbados and St. Lucia are must see. In Barbados we got day passes for the Barbados Hilton. Beautiful pools and beaches. Great day. In St. Lucia we toured with COSOL. Beautiful island. Takes you to Jalousie Beach in between the Pitons where they filmed the last "Bachelor".

- St. Kitts is full of history. We toured with Thenford Grey tours.

- Can't see how this is route is intensive. Barbados, Antigua and St Maarten are beach days. St. Thomas: take the ship tour over to St John and Trunk Bay. Another relaxing day. That leaves touring on St. Lucia and St. Kitts.

- On St. Maarten if you're not into Orient Beach (partial nudity) suggest taking $4 taxi to Divi Beach Little Bay resort. Free use of beach. Rental of chair and umbrella. Food and rest rooms available. Nice family beach for a very nice day.

- You can stay on a ship anywhere.

If you can't make a decision just send me the money and I will gladly tell you what a great time I had on the 8 nighter.

Happy cruising.

Our CC friend Bill from Wisconsin has placed a 5 part video of his B2B

on Serenade in January 2010 in which he visits all the islands in option 1 and 2.

This is the first part. You can find the other parts from there.

Happy cruising. Thanks Bill

Our CC friend Bill from Wisconsin has placed a 5 part video of his B2B

on Serenade in January 2010 in which he visits all the islands in option 1 and 2.

This is the first part. You can find the other parts from there.

Happy cruising. Thanks Bill

It's nice of you to post that link :)

I saw them a while ago and Bill-W did a great job on them...I highly recommend watching.

My suggestion the 8-night, it is such an awesome price (but maybe I am bias since we chose this one. We had looked at your other options too). We too have been to a couple of these stops, still the price was totally worth repeating a couple of islands we love. Hope you join us.

Amanda

Option 1: Based on price and an extra day this would probably be my first choice. You could visit 3 new ports and even though it includes many of the ports you have seen if you didn't want to venture off the ship you could treat those port days as sea days which I highly enjoy.

Option 2 & 3: Both provide 3 new ports as well.

Option 2 the port day in St. Maarten could be used as a sea day.

Option 3 includes 2 sea days. Again, I really enjoyed having 2 sea days to relax and recover from the back to back port days.

I also just cruised Itinerary #3 except I went to Dominica instead of St. Kitts and I enjoyed the ports there particularly St. Thomas and Dominica. I wasn't thrilled with Aruba and it rained practically all day but I did enjoy my time at Palm Beach along the high rise hotels and resorts.

My vote is for Option 1, the 8 night cruise. We did this cruise last May (only it had an extra sea day instead of St. Kitts) and it was great. You'll find something wonderful to do on all of the islands and 8 days was perfect.

Thanks,

Beth

We're onboard the 15th & 22nd for a B2B. The prices just went up again for the 22nd. :o

I keep reading reviews and other people talking about their serenade itineries and I cant find any that are doing ours... can someone maybe explain to me why my itinerary is not the norm?

San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Croix, Antigua, St. Lucia, Granada.

I keep reading reviews and other people talking about their serenade itineries and I cant find any that are doing ours... can someone maybe explain to me why my itinerary is not the norm?

San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Croix, Antigua, St. Lucia, Granada.

this is a new route for the winter I believe, so I don't think anyones taken it (well recently atleast).

I wondered the same thing about the switch up in the itineraries Serenade runs and if it is seasonal thing. We'll be on the 2nd leg of Sadie8's B2B in February and it does...

• San Juan, PR
  • Philipsburg, St. Maarten
  • Tortola, BVI
  • Basseterre, St. Kits
  • Roseau, Dominica
  • Bridgetown, Barbados
  • -At Sea-
  • San Juan, PR

This one alternated with the route mentioned above. Both itinieraries pretty different from the ones later next year. Is it seasonal for sailing reasons (weather, current, etc..) or does RCI just switch it up to keep things new for repeaters?

We are booked on the #2 route for next September - decided to use a C & A savings certificate that was offered for it + got an awesome balcony. We have sailed the Caribbean before in Sept/Oct and had great weather. I see that this weekend San Juan and the S. Caribbean islands are having some flooding problems .... :eek:

My entire family and i did the #2 option on your list and we had a blast. we arranged our own tours when we got off the ship and got to see parts

of the islands that the rccl tours dont take you to. Go with what your comfort level is, and have a great cruise!

Dennis is a fantastic cruise director!:)

Archived