Chanakaab Restaurants

mnsawyer

Has anyone eaten at any of the Chanakaab restaurants. It's my understanding that there are two - one right on the beach and one further pack from the water. Any comments which one is better, prices, etc. Of course, the beachside one would be great. I believe from the photos that there is shade for each table.

We are planning to get there early and spend most of the day including lunch. We're on the Glory and in port from 7-3:30 but need to be back on ship by 2:30.

Hmmmm....there's two out there? I've only seen and been to the one on the beach. The food and prices are okay. They will bring your food out to you on the beach if you want or you can sit at one of the tables in the open restaurant. I've eaten out there a couple of times...club sandwich (about $5) and soup (about the same). The beer is cold but comes in a can...I prefer a bottle.

we had lunch at the restaurant overlooking the beach, partway between the dolphin stuff and the swimming lagoon. when it was time to pay, they said they didn't take credit cards!!! it wiped us out of a lot of the cash we had brought. we had enough so we din't press the issue, but i wondered if that was really true. did anyone else eat there and pay by credit card?

Has anyone eaten at any of the Chanakaab restaurants. It's my understanding that there are two - one right on the beach and one further pack from the water. Any comments which one is better, prices, etc. Of course, the beachside one would be great. I believe from the photos that there is shade for each table.

We are planning to get there early and spend most of the day including lunch. We're on the Glory and in port from 7-3:30 but need to be back on ship by 2:30.

We were there in January and if memory serves, ( I'm getting pretty old) there are 2 resturants. We ate near the beach (by the kiddy pool) and the food was good, the service was fair and the scenery was awesome. I stuck my brother-in-law with the bill so I can't tell you about prices.

We will be back next January.

Clackey

we had lunch at the restaurant overlooking the beach, partway between the dolphin stuff and the swimming lagoon. when it was time to pay, they said they didn't take credit cards!!! it wiped us out of a lot of the cash we had brought. we had enough so we din't press the issue, but i wondered if that was really true. did anyone else eat there and pay by credit card?

We've eaten there twice - once in March 2000 and once in December 2003. I'm sure we used credit cards once if not twice. I love beachfront open air restuarants!!

Thanks for the tip about not taking credit cards...that's what we would have used! Can anyone confirm this for sure? Do you remember if your brother-in-law used a credit card?

Thanks!

Hey Saw;

I think Brent paid in cash, but there are not many larger places on the island that don't take plastic as I found out last year. I had asked the price of a leather rifle scabbard and after haggling for 30 minutes I told him, "No tango denero".

"It's no problem, senor, we take plastic.":D

Clackey

I'm not sure about Chanakaab in general about credit cards...I thought I read someone a while back that they don't take credit cards for admission either. Can anyone confirm? We paid cash for everything when we went there two years ago but didn't eat at the restaurant.

I'm not sure about Chanakaab in general about credit cards...I thought I read someone a while back that they don't take credit cards for admission either. Can anyone confirm? We paid cash for everything when we went there two years ago but didn't eat at the restaurant.

we paid ours by travelor's checks because i heard the same thing. so I had planned ahead for that. but the $50+ we spent for lunch(for 4 of us) put a cramp in the rest of the day for the money we had planned to spend for drinks.maybe we just looked like gullible tourists. my husband didn't make an issue of it, maybe if he had they would have taken plastic..

they accepted it for all the dolphin/sea lion stuff and at their store..

Archived