What do you end up spending during your cruise

We usually set a maximum- like $500 and that usually works as long as we check with one another before any purchases are made. If I had tons of money to throw around this wouldn't be necessary but that's ok, It's just awesome being on a cruise with my family, $ or no $.:)

How is this possible?! Nothing? No excursions, not one drink? No specialty food?

We just got off a 12 night med cruise, and our total sea pass account was $12--the cost of one glass of wine & tip.

Excursions were all booked independently (and even if they were booked through the ship, they make you prepay them ahead of time if you book before boarding.

Ahem! I must be an alcholic! My bill was $600 and all this included was a pair of Binoculars that I bought from the onboard Focus shop ($109). Oooopppsssss, but saying that I had a great time, I spoilt my wife and my little boy got loads of stuff! You only live once, so enjoy it whilst you can...... So I am!

Carl

We just got off a 12 night med cruise, and our total sea pass account was $12--the cost of one glass of wine & tip.

Excursions were all booked independently (and even if they were booked through the ship, they make you prepay them ahead of time if you book before boarding.

HA HA HA HA - my DH can drink $12 worth of beer in about 10 minutes ;) For our cruises I usually budget anywhere from $5,000 to $10,000 which includes, cabin, air fare, hotel on the day before we set sail, speciality restaurants, spa treatments, excursions, cash, Sea Pass account and purchases of jewelry and gifts in port and/or on the ship. We always get a suite so that is the bulk of our expense but as I said before, I can't take it with me. :D

On our first cruise we renewed our wedding vows so we had the added expense of a new gown for me, new rings for both of us, and the vow renewal package on board, oh, plus I had my hair done, yadda yadda yadda. It adds up but that is what we work for, to spend it and have fun :p

For incidentals not included in your list about $50 per day... to be honest its the excursions and alcohol that will add to the bill!

One of the most important things to do each day/night is to check your SeaPass bill, so you can keep track of what you are spending.... that why no nasty shocks the night before the cruise ends!!

Another good tip (someone else mentioned) was to pay for as much as you can upfront... its a very nice feeling not to be saddled with a huge credit card bill at the end of a wonderful vacation.

Our bill for our family of 5 at the end of our 7-day LOS cruise was around $1000 including tips for all of us. We don't gamble and really don't drink too much. Our kids only played in the arcade one time for about 1/2 hour. We didn't do excursions. We just took taxis to the beach. We usually only buy 1 -2 photos because getting everyone to look good in one picture is tricky. We didn't feel that we were trying to be thrifty. I was shocked when I saw how low our bill was at the end because I had planned on about $2000.

Now when we go to Alaska, it will be a totally different story!

Archived