Obstucted O/V vs. Inside on Maasdam

Ellen Dio

As we continue to debate booking the 11/26 Massdam Caribbean cruise (and time clicks by) I am curious about the fact that an Inside (I think guarantee) is the same price as an obstructed view OV room. Any feed back? With what I am sure is limited choice this late in the game what should I be shooting for room wise if I want to keep cost low but still be comfortable (husband is 6'4" and I'm of generous proportions)? Thank you for any feedback - seems like the Maasdam fans are pretty loyal and helpful group. Appreciate any help here.

In case of the obstructed OV, is there a promenade walkway in front of your window? In that case, I would advise against that. We had one on the Volendam with the promenade deck in front. It was a mirrowed window, so nobody could look in, but when you looked out there were often people standing/talking/walking around in front of the window. The worst thing was the window washing with a fire hose very early in the morning :eek:. It made a hell of a noise and woke us up every day.

I enjoyed my obstructed view cabin on the Maasdam. It was on the Lower Promenade deck. It was better than an inside from the standpoint that I did get some daylight, and I had easy access to the outside deck.

Roz

An obstructed outside on the Maasdam will be on Lower Promenade. The obstruction will be the steel superstructure of the ship, across the promenade area. You will get light, and will be able to see sea & sky by looking to the side.

However, the cabin itself will be smaller than the inside cabins across the passageway. The outside will have a tub with a very high side, and a small vanilty. The inside will have a large shower, and a huge vanity.

Personally, I would rather have the larger inside.

Archived