1A Guarantee - Upgrade anyone get one?

kimtursiella

We had cat 1A garentee, kept an eye on the cabins being sold and availability. Inside cabins did not seem to be selling. At one time the cat 3 inside cost more than the ocean view 4 & 5 and the obstructed veranda 6. we had planned on upgrading when ariving at the ship. Chose to not take the chance and had our travel agent upgrade our cabin.

Also had a GTY 1A. Was upgraded to Empress deck outside towards the front of the ship. It was a good cabin - quiet, and great cabin steward. On the stop in Puerto Rico, several people disembarked (apparently sailed 1 way) When I got to my cabin at the end of the day, there was a note from the desk advising us to come down for a further upgrade. We were so happy where we were, we stayed and they gave the cabin to someone else. :D

I am sailing on 3.6 and don't have docs or air tix yet. Booked through On line vacation --- wont' do it again. They said our name is on the manifest at the pier and that is all we need. They promise I will have air tix in my hand by Tuesday....or else they will overnight. What a screwy outfit. I booked on Feb 4. Doesn't take that long to produce documents. Kept getting lame excuses. If they don't arrive by Tuesday you can bet they will hear me without the use of a telephone!

So good luck with receiving your stuff.

Hi Rick - Welcome to Ms Bees thread - I was so thrilled to learn about our upgrade. I'll bet you too will get an upgrade supposedly Costa is good for this. Stay connected to the thread We are all working on a meeting place - so far looks like Monday 2:00 Apollo Bar (pool side deck 9) or Desiree our soon to be newlywed and Matthew may have us to their Aft Suite Balcony! Good luck with the upgrade I'll keep my fingers crossed.......!!!!:D

Hi E46Guy - A 1A guarantee is where you pay the rock bottom lowest price for the cruise and are guaranteed a better room without paying another dime. There are only 5 1A cabins on the entire ship and fortunatly I reserved two of the five!! Over-all based on the Costa value cost for the cabin I was upgraded to Cat 6 Veranda we saved $2000.00!!!! Gotta love it! Our cabin pre-tax etc should have cost us $3200.00 we paid $1200.00! :D When booking a cruise always ask for a guarantee. Costa is great for upgrading.

• 1 month later...

How do I know I got a 1A guarantee. I do know Im on the Medeterrania deck 1... all the way at the bottom!! Im running home to check my documents!

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know if there are really only a handful of bunk bed cabins on this ship? We have always booked guarantee cabins and had nice results, but this TA (who we do not know...) is telling us that my wife and I COULD end up with bunk beds and we need to book a more expensive cabin or cruise line. Seems like she may be telling my wife a story...

Thanks.

A great deal if you don't mind the luck of the draw as you are stuck where they put you and it could be over a nightclub or next to an elevator, etc...

Actually, it's the 8A's and the 8's on deck 6 [at the back] that are over the nightclub(s)!!!

We booked the 1a cabin and was upgraded to a catagory 5, not sure if that is much better.

Talked with Costa again and after they gave me the firefighter/police officer rate, I got upgraded again! Now in a catagory 8 with a balcony, midship. How sweet is that!

Archived