Packing Tips for the Caribbean

gmcwalker

Less than two weeks to my flight to FLL.

It is time to check out the inventory for the trip, or Packing tips. Please chip in with your tips.

For example what did you forget the first time ectera!

I have been told to roll t-shirts and stuff anything hollow with socks, underwear to save space.

It was suggested water shoes for river tubing and snorkeling.

For those who are going on some trips on shore and then off waterproof document/card/cash holders.

I always reccomend for any trip "Ear Plugs". The new kind sold at Drug Store chains that are foam that you pinch/roll and then insert in your ear and then they expand to shut out most noise. I buy them in a multi pak for about $4 for 10 pairs.

They are a standard in my kit and have saved myself many hours of sleep.

One of my best investments ever.

Umbrella or poncho? I will bring a mini umbrella. Any thoughts?

Lg. insulated mug per person for Coffee/Tea/juice to bring to the pool or ashore.

Floating eye/sunglass holders for tubing and the snorkel sail.

Reef and skin friendly Sun Screen. 30spf and above.

Pest repellent for Grenada and Dominica, I hear it also works on Ship Photographers.

Any and all tips will be appreciated.

Have a good night all.

Out of your list the only things I take are sunscreen and insect repellant (wipes).

I take a notebook with clear plastic sleeves and put my paperwork in that in the order I will need it: flight info; rental car; hotel; cruise docs; shore excursion confirmations; etc. This way I don't have to fumble for the paperwork I need. It goes in my carry-on bag.

Have a great cruise!

The only rain gear I take is a disposable poncho. They cost $1-$2, weight almost nothing and are so small they easily tuck in a purse, backpack or even a pocket. I take them on all trips and have only used a few times. If it is near the end of the trip, I would just throw it away after using.

I have not been on these boards very long but my next cruise is my twenty sixth. I never sail without a small travel alarm clock. Most cabins don't have a timepiece except on the phone and you can't see that during the night unless you put the light on.

I always lay flat a dry cleaner plastic bag at the bottom of our suitcases and lay one across the top.... they are longer than the bags so as I'm packing I bring the plastic up the sides and tuck in the excess from the top bag, down the sides.

If bag is left out on tarmack in the rain, contents stay dry.

travel alarm clock!

as for the umbrella, id bring a poncho instead. get em at your local dollar store! i think you stay dryer this way and your hands are kept free.

i got a bracelet and put a keychain clip on it to keep my s&s card on (with hole punched in it) its pretty and not as (i personally think) dorky as a lanyard :o.

also, see if there are laundry facilities you can use on the ship. you can save room in luggage by planning on doing a load while at sea! ppl balk at doing laundry on vacay, but come on, it doesnt take that long

Archived