HA vs Princess

Mimg Pao

Hi Mimg Pao, if you ask the same question on the Princess forum, you will get opposite opinions. Everyone has their favorite line or favorite ship. We cruised a lot. We like both lines. We have no problem with the food and coffee on both lines. Food and drink are very personal. We don't like hot dogs and hamburgers. Yet some folks don't mind eating them day after day. Since you are also Princess elite members like us, if you are coffee drinkers, you must have drunk coffee on various Princess ships. In your opinion, did the coffee taste like swill or dishwater? If you are not coffee drinkers, you probably care less. We often ordered espresso and cappuccino in Princess dining rooms. We found they are quite drinkable.

Hi Mimg Pao, if you ask the same question on the Princess forum, you will get opposite opinions. Everyone has their favorite line or favorite ship. We cruised a lot. We like both lines. We have no problem with the food and coffee on both lines. Food and drink are very personal. We don't like hot dogs and hamburgers. Yet some folks don't mind eating them day after day. Since you are also Princess elite members like us, if you are coffee drinkers, you must have drunk coffee on various Princess ships. In your opinion, did the coffee taste like swill or dishwater? If you are not coffee drinkers, you probably care less. We often ordered espresso and cappuccino in Princess dining rooms. We found they are quite drinkable.

The coffee is not wonderful but then again we only have it for breakfast and then switch to green tea for other meals. I was happy to learn on this thread that HAL still has espresso and cappuccino post dinner without charge. Really looking forward to that on occasion after dinner and will even give up our green tea.

As for cruise food, we usually find it quite bland for our tastes but we do adjust and of course always have some hot sauce on the table. We really look forward to trying local foods in the different ports.

I also love the idea that the Zaandam has a purpose built movie theatre.

Lynne

If you like your coffee...our breakfast routine on HAL is one or more caps. in the morning with a double shot of expresso. Wonderful. HAL's MDR does a good job on these in the morning. And they are are a no charge item to boot.

HAL always keeps me supplied with Jasmine Green tea after dinner from my first night request until we finally leave the ship, and always served with a welcoming smile. Love HAL ships for those little courtesies.

SwissMyst, that is my favourite green tea! Such a wonderful flavour!:)

Archived