NCL Pride of America August 27, 2011

SgpMBL

Just wanted to see if there are any other GLBT cruisers that will be with us on Norwegian's Pride of America on August 27, 2011.

We're so excited about this trip, that we've already booked our flights and my husband is now figuring out and booking where to stay.

Bryan & Jeremy

Just wanted to see if there are any other GLBT cruisers that will be with us on Norwegian's Pride of America on August 27, 2011.

We're so excited about this trip, that we've already booked our flights and my husband is now figuring out and booking where to stay.

Bryan & Jeremy

You might want to pop over to our thread about the upcoming RSVP cruise on the POAm at the end of this month. Lots of good advice and stuff about Hawaii and Gay Hawaii. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Bryan & Jeremy. As a matter of fact, we have just booked the very same cruise as you guys! Aug 27th, NCL, Pride of America.

We're two guys from Virginia, 30's/40's. If you want to be in touch, is there a way to communicate with other GLBT people that might be on this same cruise? We went on an Alaska cruise back in 2008, but the "Friends of Dorothy" group was pretty small (mostly because there was already a group of 200 of us on board through Aquafest).

Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Harry and James

Hi Bryan & Jeremy. As a matter of fact, we have just booked the very same cruise as you guys! Aug 27th, NCL, Pride of America.

We're two guys from Virginia, 30's/40's. If you want to be in touch, is there a way to communicate with other GLBT people that might be on this same cruise? We went on an Alaska cruise back in 2008, but the "Friends of Dorothy" group was pretty small (mostly because there was already a group of 200 of us on board through Aquafest).

Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Harry and James

Glad to have you on board and we're looking forward to meeting you both. Whereabouts in Virginia are you two from? (We're two guys in DC, early 30's.)

As for your question about how to communicate with other GLBT people, I don't know of one that is reliable. I've also listed this on Meet Me Onboard which is another site that may reach people. Once on the ship itself, I'm not exactly sure how that will work out or if there is even an FOD or a way to get one. It's our first time on Norwegian.

Bryan/Jeremy,

Hey we're close by. We're in Herndon, VA and make it into DC sometimes. We took NCL to Alaska on the Norwegian Pearl with about 10 friends. It was a lot of fun, partly because we had a large 150+ gay group. It was also a fairly new ship. That was James' first cruise, and my 3rd.

We're in the process now of trying to figure out what activities we want to participate in, since this will be our first time to Hawaii.

If you guys want to get together and compare notes, that would be cool. My email is hyulpy@verizon.net.

Harry/James

• 1 month later...

Jeremy and Bryan,

Have you found any other GLBT people going to Hawaii on Pride of Aloha on August 27 2011?

We're looking forward to it, but plane fares have gone up! Our fares were over $1100 each out of Dulles. We are planning on arriving on Friday 8/26 and staying the night in Honolulu before the cruise.

Let us know if you'd like to rendezvous at some point before Hawaii.

Jeremy and Bryan,

Have you found any other GLBT people going to Hawaii on Pride of Aloha on August 27 2011?

We're looking forward to it, but plane fares have gone up! Our fares were over $1100 each out of Dulles. We are planning on arriving on Friday 8/26 and staying the night in Honolulu before the cruise.

So far, no. Haven't seen or heard from any GLBT folks except for you guys. It's still about 6 months away so we may get more people popping up on the boards.

Sorry to read about the increase in plane fares. I read that the airlines were going to be doing that to recoup some of their losses from the winter storms. Don't know if you've used it, but Bing dot com gives some sort of predictor on the airline flights domestically. If you haven't bought your tix yet, it may be helpful to find out if you should wait a bit or buy now. (It helped us get good fares to Puerto Rico several months ago.)

• 3 weeks later...

Just noticed this sentence and realized that I didn't respond. We'll be in touch a bit closer to the cruise to see if we can get together before the cruise -- we have an upcoming cruise in April so we're planning and preparing for that first.

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys, well the cruise is getting closer now! This will be my 4th cruise, and first time to Hawaii, so I'm starting to get excited. We've done a lot of research on places to go/things to do in the islands. Its nice that some local (family) neighbors will be on board too. We're getting in to Waikiki the day before the cruise (Fri afternoon). If you'd like to meetup beforehand, that would be great. Send your contact info. Otherwise, we might see you at a FOD room, but my experience is that those FOD meetings are pretty sparsely attended on most cruises.

Harry and James (From Herndon, VA)

Archived