Does "Your Time Dining" ever afford you the chance to sit with a large table?

fig414

On our cruise last month, we chose YTD for a specific reason. The 1st night we gladly would have sat with a big table in order to meet some folks. We knew ahead of time that we would only be in the MDR for 4 of the 7 nights so we figured we might some people and set up something for the rest of the cruise. We were on the Pride, which is on our beloved Spirit Class, so I'm not sure is this question is applicable to all our ships. Anyway after twice asking the Hostess asked us if we wanted to share a table for 4 by the window, which we declined. We wanted t6o go with a big group or a deuce. On our only Princess cruise, they set us up with a big table twice, but from the way the Pride was set up it looked like it was pre arranged tables of 6 or a lot of 2's or booths for 4. I think that is great, but I was slightly surprised that they had no 8's or 10's. The obvious reason is that YTD is for those who don't want to sit with anyone but themselves. I contend that we might sit with a big table, just not at 6:30 or 8:15 precisely.

Thanks

I have chosen the YTD for my next cruise (wanted to try it out) and I was sort of hoping it would be like when you go to the MDR for breakfast/lunch that the hostess would just try and fill up tables but I guess not :( We are doing it so that my mom and I don't have to rush back just to have dinner but I know that we do like sitting at tables with more people:p Makes the cruise more fun when you get to know other people!

Just off the Ecstacy two weeks ago. The tables for two were soooo close together that it was like sitting at a long table for 8. We could hardly get between the tables to sit down. We talked to everyone up/down the way. lol

Have a great time!

Kat

Archived