Quick question for the spa on the Jewel

Mikiejag

I have been trying to find reviews and such of the spa, the packages and the prices, but have not been too lucky. With the exception of they are great and worth the price.

How much are the day passes? Week passes?

And what do they include?

Thanks so much,

Just got off the jewel. There spa is small and in their solarium there were only a few chairs. Small by most standards. I think they were charging 120 per week for the pass. Few were using it. The prices were always changing with the specials that they were running. You could get a 60 minutes package for 90dollars/ I was dissapointed in the spa. They seemed more intent on selling their products and once you said NO they were not very good. I would have saved the money and got a couple of bottles of wine with the same result.

It is 90 per week or 150 per couple. We both bought passes for the week. The sauna and plunge pool was great. I never had a problem using the co-ed hot tub with loungers. The heated tile loungers could be crowded as there are only seven or so in the co-ed area. I also enjoyed the rainforest showers. If you want a quiet place with great views, it is well worth it.

I have been trying to find reviews and such of the spa, the packages and the prices, but have not been too lucky. With the exception of they are great and worth the price.

How much are the day passes? Week passes?

And what do they include?

Thanks so much,

I think I can help you with a small piece of your question.

I was just on the Jewel for a 7-day cruise to the Bahamas and purchased a cruise-length spa pass for my husband and me (so it was a couples pass). It cost $150 for us (which may or may not mean that it would cost $75 for one person for the week). The pass came in the form of a small round sticky decal that was affixed to the back of our key card. I do not know how much a single day pass cost.

The pass qualified us to make use of the spa facilities--not their services (as in massages, facials, aromatherapy, etc.). It meant that as often as we felt like it (as many times in a day, as many days as the cruise afforded), we could walk up to their front desk and hand over our key card, and they in return would give us a locker key and a robe.

There's a men's entrance and a women's entrance; each leads to a back area where you can disrobe and put away whatever you would like to lock up. For the women, the locker key is attached to a stretchy bracelet that you wear around your wrist for security. There are plenty of fresh clean towels stacked on shelves right there for your use.

The changing room is for women (or men) only and contains the lockers, showers (across from the showers are sinks with soap dispensers and shelves with hair blowers, body lotion, and Q-tips), bathrooms; as the area opens up, you come to a central shower for cooling yourself, and an inset special shower that runs icy cold or tropical warm (depending upon what you want), a sauna, a steamroom, and an ice-cold pool for dunking when you come out of the sauna or steamroom. Farther down there's a hot tub for women only with a beautiful panoramic view of the ocean from the front of the ship (almost wrap-around); right next to the hot tub are several comfortable chairs with footrests, for relaxing or reading or staring. There's a large flat-screen TV overhead, too, for viewing whatever. On the sideboard is an urn of ice water.

In the unisex area, also fronting the ship, are several hot tiled chaises, more comfy chairs with footrests, and a large thermal pool for lounging. It and the hot tubs (in the women- or men-only sections) have blowers to create a Jacuzzi effect. Along the side are urns with cold water, hot water, tea bags, sugar and splenda, orange juice "cocktail" and water fountains.

There are treatments rooms back in the warren of hallways that lead to the dressing rooms and the way out; they are for services that you must pay for--there are specials every day, listed in your freestyle daily.

Hope this helps!

Best, Sona

Archived