How far in advance?

siki00

Hello...my husband and I have decided to take cruise in May 2006 instead of this May. How far in advance should I start looking to book our cruise? I have read several posts that say booking early is better. I have also read that if I book early and the price goes down I can get a refund for the difference. How exactly does that work? Do I have to book directly from the cruise line or from a TA? Can I book on one of the many cruise websites and still be eligible for a refund?

Thank you for any help. It is appreciated!

Michelle :)

today I am very, very sad. I finally talked my mom and dad into coming with us on our Hawaii Jan'06 cruise which I booked the day the schedule came out (18months in advance!!) however, in the last week alone the price went up $1600 - no kidding. So therefore the price for an inside is significantly more than we paid for a balcony. At that rate my parents changed their mind and I really can't blame them. So my advice - book WAY ahead. If the price drops, super - if not you still win!! Jayna

Michelle: Two weeks ago I booked our repo cruise from FLL to S.F. for May 06 because the early bird pricing is so good. If you can go for it. As the months go by that price will go up. I booked through a t.a. and she has always said that if the price goes down you will get the difference. Usually the price goes up. And one more thing you will have over a year to dream about that cruise.:D

Marilyn

Archived