Heads up for those sailing on the Pride

Rachy817

Just returned from a great cruise on the Pride today!

The ship docked an hour late (around 11am), and we were not able to get off the ship until after 2pm. It was unfortunate that an elderly woman fell while getting off the ship which delayed the debark process an additional 45 mins. We were told the main reason for the hold up was that the Baltimore terminal was overloaded with people. We were asked to leave our cabins by 10am so that left a lot of people waiting around in public areas for hours. Please don’t take this as a complaint, we loved this cruise and I plan to write a review eventually. I understand that these things happen and you have to try to roll with it. I just wanted to pass this information along and give everyone a heads up in case they have travel plans for after their cruise!

In my opinion the Baltimore terminal is not well organized and very overcrowded with that many people showing up and leaving at the same time. Even our shuttle driver said it is always a nightmare. Again this is just an opinion!

Happy cruising everyone!

I'll preface this by saying that I had a great time too (I very much enjoyed the Pride and her crew)....

But I definitely agree w/ Rachy - do not even bother to show up to the terminal before 1 or 2:00 for this cruise (or expect to get off before noon, even with an early zone self-assist). The medical emergency non-withstanding, disembarkation was very slow and unorganized, as apparently it was for the previous cruise. I know they say they have a "system" but it either isn't working, or they're not enforcing it.

I've cruised in and out of Baltimore twice before, and while it's not the best terminal, these problems seemed to be ship-related. It will probably be addressed during the impending dry-dock, but for some reason, the Pride seems to have been having difficulties in keeping to its scheduled departure and arrival times.

Archived