Cruising on Destiny in March

Ohhhdanger

Hey, my boyfriend & I are taking Carnival Destiny on March 13th. I just had a few questions.

Our plane gets into San Juan at 2:10am on the 13th, and we can't go onto the ship till 2:30pm....I was just wondering what we could do till then, where we could go....and then when it is time for the ship.....where do we go for the ship?

Also, we need a hotel to stay at(at a college kids budget)...we are staying in San Juan for about 2nights after the cruise.

Anyhelp would be great:)

Thanks

I suggest that you read the thread entitled, "Attention Destiny cruisers past and future...post here". It is very informative and will answer all your questions. I suggest that you get a room if you are arriving at 2:10 am. There is nowhere else for you to go that I am aware of. You can get on the boat before 2:30 pm as well. Passengers start lining up at 11 am. Once you go through secruity and have your documents checked you can go aboard. They will tell you not to go to your cabin before 1:30 so that the cabin steward can get everything all situated. You can stop by to drop your carry on bags off. Your room may be ready, however.

San Juan is known for all night parties, so you could go and close down some of the discos and head over to Denny's until around 10:30am, but I'm not sure if they would take care of your luggage or not. After the cruise, you might consider the Isla Verde area to stay in. I believe they have several budget class motel/hotels (Comfort Inn, etc.). You will be closer to the airport and have some different restaurants, bars, and a beach that will be something to remember San Juan by other than Old San Juan. OSJ is great though and convenient. You can't really go wrong either way. Good Luck!

Archived