Price Increase

CruiserKit

It will be interesting to see if the price increase is justified with a rise in the quality of food and service. They definitely need to fill more beds; whether or not they can sustain it will be determined by occupancy. The triplets are fine yachts, they are still testing the waters with the larger vessels, not yet perfected with another on the horizon. Silversea experienced the same growing pains in 2000-2001.

Although it is unfortunate that prices have to be driven up, I guess it is understandable. The great deals of the last two years are drying up industry wide, and prices seem to be normalizing somewhat. My Dec 2011 Sojourn cruise, has, however increased by $2,000pp! Thank God I booked early!

It is quite a shame that the barging prices has all but gone away, at least in most cases. For example, for the July 2011 cruise I'm taking on NCL (I love SB, but don't mind anything if its at sea!) cruise, I'm paying a fare not too dissimilar to the one I paid for the Odyssey only a few months earlier, this year.

Oh well !

I just received an email from Seabourn announcing a one week sale. We are booked on the Seabourn Pride March 7, 2011. Our original fare was $3999 for an A level suite. Now the starting fares for the same cruise are $3749 for the same cabin level for the same cruise dates. Evidently the group we booked through can't get this fare because of the shipboard credit promo they offered orignally but there may be some good fares for those who haven't already booked. They also had quite a few other cruise options on this sale.

Archived