Darling Harbour Wharf 5 (Long Term) Parking

stanc61

We were driving past Barrangaroo (Wharf 5) Darling Harbour last Saturday on our way around past The Rocks to Circular Quay to see Sapphire Princess.

The gates to the wharf were closed but it was interesting to note that there was about 30 cars parked insdide in the car park.

My question is: who do these cars belong to and more so are they passneger cars left during their cruise?

We were driving past Barrangaroo (Wharf 5) Darling Harbour last Saturday on our way around past The Rocks to Circular Quay to see Sapphire Princess.

The gates to the wharf were closed but it was interesting to note that there was about 30 cars parked insdide in the car park.

My question is: who do these cars belong to and more so are they passneger cars left during their cruise?

now that would great if they were, free parking while you cruise what a great concept.

Its a great concept Stan, but I cant see P&O paying for free parking with your cruise.

In the States,and the UK , it is a paid service that is provided, a bit like at the airports. I know in LA, Fort Lauderdale and Southampton , there are big car park buildings beside the cruise terminals.

Stan

Not sure if you are seeking some long term parking but we always park at Wilsons Darling Harbour - Was $14 a night - must show your ticket at the office after you find a park

Hi Didi, no it was just an observation. When we actually go on a cruise, we get the train in from Campbelltown and then walk down to the wharf from Wynyard.

I know the past two times we have actually driven into city and gone into wharf 5 for ship tours. On these two occasions I haven't noticed or even looked for signs re parking. However the gate security have asked us if we were cruising, picking up or dropping off? When we mentioned that we were doing a ship tour they directed us to the car park. It would be my assumption that if you said you were cruising, that they would inform you that you could not leave your car there.

If there is no signs up stating you cant leave your car there, a wonder what they could or would do if you did.

I thought there was someone on CC who lived or worked close to wharf 5, that might be able to observe the car park in between cruises?

Archived