Any Carnival Cruisers ever cruised QM2?

cs

I've only cruised 2 times before and both times have been on Carnival. My TA found us a good deal on QM2 - right timing, right itinerary, right $$ - so I booked impulsively (sails in a few weeks).

Now I'm scared that I made a mistake. I'm used to Carnival's fun loving atmosphere and hope that the QM2 isn't too stuffy (I can't imagine a hairy chest contest on the QM2 - lol).

Has anyone else out there sailed the QM2 before? Were the people onboard too uptight for you? Am I going to be sorry I booked such a formal cruise line?

Ugh - what did I do?????

I've not cruised the QM2, but did do a crossing on the QE2. There is no comparison...the QE2 was built to separate the classes and while it is beautiful, elegant and wonderful, it does not compare to the fun we have had on our many Carnival cruises. It was a bit too stuffy for our liking...4 out of 6 nights were tux nights, and no, there is nothing even close to a hairy chest contest. Food and service were excellent, but I'll take the fun and games on a Carnival cruise ship any time before 4 o'clock tea on the QE2 again. I'm glad we did the crossing, but would not do it again.

We have cruised on Carnival 4 times. Sailed on a few other also. We sailed on a transatlantic crossing in early August right before she went to the Olympics. She was great. It was wonderful cruise. It was worth every $$$. I would not think twice off sailing her or cunard again. Its VERY different from Carnival even more since we stayed in a Princess Grill accomdations. But I still love Carnival dont even think about going anywhere else we think of a cruise. U will have a great time. You will still come back to CCL. Trust me.

Archived