OBC for gratuities

papilliontraveler

Logical or not, it is a policy but fortunately does not get enforced. Why are you fussing over this so much if the OBC will be used up regardless if it is applied towards gratuities or not ? Arguing just for the sake of arguing ?

Clue me in to where I am "fussing so much". I asked a simple question, which has been answered and I then thanked them repeatedly for it.

Then, I commented on the posts that said I couldn't. I made another comment(if you read it correctly) that said while it may be a policy, which is fine by me(that means it is ok in case you didn't understand), it didn't make sense. That was all, no more, no less. No where in this post was I trying to reinvent the wheel, asking for some special favors to be done on my behalf, etc.

Clue me in to where I am "fussing so much". I asked a simple question, which has been answered and I then thanked them repeatedly for it.

Then, I commented on the posts that said I couldn't. I made another comment(if you read it correctly) that said while it may be a policy, which is fine by me(that means it is ok in case you didn't understand), it didn't make sense. That was all, no more, no less. No where in this post was I trying to reinvent the wheel, asking for some special favors to be done on my behalf, etc.

'

Seems to me you are fussing over being accused of fussing :p :D

FTR, I have used OBCs applied when the price went down, and never saw any accounting where they separated that part out.

Yes, all charges including gratuity are posted to your account, and the OBC will be a credit in that same account. It can offset any charge you like, but all charges are in the same account, so it just comes off the total in the end,

My thoughts exactly. If you had a $600 S&S with a $100 OBC and $100 in gratuities, it would just come off the total. Anything else would be time consuming and silly.

If you don't like the cruiselines OBC policy (which will in all probability NOT be an issue).... take up your issue regarding their "logic" with the cruiseline ! :rolleyes:

The type of "tip" you can't use OBC for is the kind you hand to a person. You can't physically hand your porter anything that they can exchange for a cash tip out of your OBC account. Your gratuities are not counted as "tips" in THAT sense. So, yes, OBC can go for gratuities, but not for tips.

Archived