Just back

Travel Lover

Can you swim in the water around the boulders and not have to climb on them? I would like to swim thru the grottos and caves but dont want to climb over the rocks or between the small passageways. Do you enter the Baths from the beach?

You do enter The Baths from the beach. There is a rather small opening, and a little way past that is a grotto that you can get to without much climbing (just a few steps up and down). Just after that grotto is the first place where you have to climb over the rocks. If you don't want to climb, you can just swim in that grotto and then walk back to the beach the same way you came in.

1710352460_BVITRIP100.jpg.82265698717b15eedce15fad51d74657.jpg

1036084605_BVITRIP106.jpg.2026f81fad8e382bdabd798d099e8a8b.jpg

2057031545_BVITRIP103.jpg.63a07d0a74a07bcf95c035c06fe0d210.jpg

I'm going to be totally honest here. Your BIL may have a problem with the section where you go through the rocks. The very first entrance is quite small/narrow. I am fairly heavy, although not anywhere close to the size of your BIL, and I have to stoop and kind of turn sideways to get through that opening. I can do it, but I had a friend with me on my last trip who is quite large and she just couldn't bring herself to do it. She stayed at the beach while we went through the rocks; the beach is actually nice and there are some of the big rocks right there, so she enjoyed it. If your group really wants to see Devil's Bay (where you come out when you climb through the rocks) you can access it from the parking lot, just ask your taxi driver to show you the path. I'm assuming you are coming by land; if you are coming by water just have them drop you off at Devil's Bay.

I wouldn't give up on the Baths, just let everyone know up front that climbing through the rocks might not be for them. However, it is a beautiful and unique spot that can be enjoyed even without climbing through. If you are coming by land, you do need to be able to walk down to the beach and back up again. This is on an uneven path but it is not too bad if you just take your time.

Thank you so much for the help. It's good to know that we can still be on the beach at Devil's Bay and see the rocks and the ones that want to can go through them. The best of both worlds!

Archived