looking for Advice

mobydog

We are sailing on the MSC Poesia. We will be in port on November 18th from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. We have two adults and two children (ages 5 & 10). I am most interested in the kayak to Creole Rock for snorkeling. I have a few questions:

• Has anyone done this and do you think kids can handle the trip (we have done 2 person kayaks with them in the Florida Keys)? Depth of water for snorkeling?
  • How long will it take to get from the port to Grand Case (and also return)?
  • What is the most economical to get to and from (we usually take local transit in Aruba, Grand Cayman, Puerto Rico and Nassau in lieu of cabs)? How much will it cost for four?

Thank you in advance for your help!

We are sailing on the MSC Poesia. We will be in port on November 18th from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. We have two adults and two children (ages 5 & 10). I am most interested in the kayak to Creole Rock for snorkeling. I have a few questions:

• Has anyone done this and do you think kids can handle the trip (we have done 2 person kayaks with them in the Florida Keys)? Depth of water for snorkeling?
  • How long will it take to get from the port to Grand Case (and also return)?
  • What is the most economical to get to and from (we usually take local transit in Aruba, Grand Cayman, Puerto Rico and Nassau in lieu of cabs)? How much will it cost for four?

Thank you in advance for your help!

We have stayed at Grand Case Beach Resort which I would think is the closest place on the island from Creole Rock and I would not kayak from there. Since it is a nature reserve now there are rules about who is allowed to operate tours out to Creole Rock ect. Also the Rhino Riders have tours and I have seen jetskis whipping by quite near to the snorkeling area and I would not feel comfortable out there without a guide. It can be quite rough as well especially on the far side of Creole Rock.

We would be going through Creole Water Sports.

Excellent choice. We went with them to Creole Rock in August and Sebastian took us over in a small motor boat. He is an excellent guide and I would highly recommend him. He was very attentive and cautious. I have never seen him do a tour with kayaks but he may. I know that they rent kayaks and I used them when we stayed at the GCBC but I never ventured very far from the shore and I would not feel comfortable out near Creole Rock in a kayak. There can be a lot of boat action out there but if I was going to trust someone it would be Sebastian he knows Creole Rock very, very well. Have fun.

Archived