Taxi rates to/from Port Everglades to Aventura or Galleria mall

RHexplorer

I am looking to kill some time before boarding the ship. We are arriving on a Friday morning flight and don't need to board until the afternoon. I plan on dropping our bags off with the porters at the cruise terminal, first.

Does anyone know the approx. taxi cost and driving time it would take to go to the Aventura mall?

If this is too far, how about taxi cost and driving time to the Galleria mall?

I have about 4 hours to spare. Is the above possible or do I just suck it up and wait around the cruise terminal like everyone else?

Thanks.

You don't say if you're coming in early on a red-eye, or if you're arriving later in the morning. You may not have as much time as you think you do, depending on delays and weather. They don't unload luggage in the rain in Florida because of lightning.

If you do have a few hours to kill, after dropping off the bags, I would have the taxi take me somewhere where I could get a nice nibble. The Las Olas area has a ton of little places where you can shop for weird little arty things, a Crepe restaurant, and suchlike.

By the time you get to Aventura or Galleria, I'm not sure you'd have enough time to really get into shopping there.

This doesn't actually answer your question but I would tend to agree with Ruth here. You arrive what time? You leave in the afternoon yes, but you can definitely start the boarding procedure at around 10:45 or 11 am. Barring any unforeseen circumstances and assuming everything went well for the disembarking passengers, you can be onboard ship and enjoying your first meal at 11:30 or so. The first day onboard is a day you've paid for. I, personally, want to be onboard as soon as possible and start enjoying my vacation. :)

Having said that, Galleria Mall is nice but I probably wouldn't make a special trip there. We did it because we were staying in Fort Lauderdale for three days pre-cruise. But that's just me.

Archived