Have you recently sailed the Triumph? Did you bring your own alcohol?

crayphish

Hello cruisers!! Yes, another alcohol question BUT this is specific to the Triumph. We are sailing in December and I'm curious to know if anyone had smuggling issues in September and October.

Thanks for your comments!

:cool:

We went in Sept. I had 4 or 5 plastic pint flasks I buried in different areas in our 2 checked bags. It's been 6 years I've taken them and so far so good. Then we ran out of rum in Roatan, I bought a bottle, but DH made me check it in with the booze police. I bought it in the duty free store you HAVE to go through when you get off the ship, they wanted my Sign and Sail card and my room number. On shore! I wanted to have another in our party bring it on after that, but I would probably still be in security explaining where it went.

Just got off the Triumph Oct. 30. It was hit and miss. I carried five bottles of wine in my carry on. Nothing was said, it all went on board with me. Someone else disguised vodka for wine in his carry on and got busted. Others packed theirs in their checked baggage. A few got confiscated, others got thru with no problems. For the most part most people were successful. It made for one fun cabin crawl! Good luck with whatever it is you are trying to accomplish.

Had 1L of Beam waiting in my room through Bon Voyage and snuck on 2 rum runners with more Beam and 1 with Rum. Only drank 1/2 of one Rum Runner. Had a bill on the ship for $350 for bloddy marys and more beam and cokes. It is kind of a pain to keep walking to the room with a coke to mix everything. Next time I will just order 2 bottles and have them waiting for me at $38 each it is not bad. A 1L holds 33% more Beam than a fifth.

Archived