baltic cruise 29th july jewel of the seas

willow1uk

can any past travellers give any travel hints for this trip, especially in st petersberg, tours or get a visa, how easy is it to do your own thing. dining and drinks on board. we are in a d2 balcony cabin deck 9. anyone else on this trip?

can any past travellers give any travel hints for this trip, especially in st petersberg, tours or get a visa, how easy is it to do your own thing. dining and drinks on board. we are in a d2 balcony cabin deck 9. anyone else on this trip?

You might want to post the question on your roll call board. Look for your particular cruise date.

We had a blast and met so many great people and did all of our own tours with new friends we met on our roll call. We saved a lot of money doing tours like this vs with the ship.

You can find many great tour companies for each port just ask in that heading "Ports" and find the particulars. I personally contacted via email or phone each company I was interested.

At ST Petersburg we picked STP as the tour company. They even got our visas for us.

Our total tour was the moderate tour :$210 pp

(approx 14-15 in our group mini bus)

Day 1 approx 7:30 am-5:00pm

Day 2 approx 8:00 am-4:00pm

We added a White night cruise with Vodka, Caviar (red), & Chocolates!:D

This was the best idea! :p After Day 1 we all (group) decided we would go back to freshen up & eat dinner on Jewel.

Extra Tour 7:00-11:00 pm

Tour price $45 approx

Our group of 14 had 2 English couples, 1 Aussie couple & the rest from US. Great times saw lots! Appreciate Russian History so much more. Our guide is an Russian History Prof in Germany & tour guides during his summer breaks. Hermitage......:D

You will need great walking shoes for this trip!

We had beautiful weather! Enjoyed the cruise ship. Look for Nelson (bartender):)

I checked and as of today no roll call has been started for your July 29th cruise.

Here is the link to all the clear.gifJewel of the Seas Roll Calls You may want to start one on your own.

Here is the link to the Europe Forums clear.gifBritish Isles/Western Europe where you can also find good information.

We did the baltics last year.....St petersburg was the only place you needed a visa, if you do the ship excursions you don't have to get a visa...We opted to do the ship excursion while in St Pete and had a great time...enjoy

We did the baltics last year.....St petersburg was the only place you needed a visa, if you do the ship excursions you don't have to get a visa...We opted to do the ship excursion while in St Pete and had a great time...enjoy

If you do a private 2-day tour with one of the groups mentioned on the Baltic's forum, they will take care of the Visa for you just like RCI does with their excursions off the ship. With those tour groups you can actually customize your 2 day itinerary to fit your schedule......and the prices are more reasonable.

• 6 months later...

Hi. I am traveling on this trip with my Mom and 2 sisters (4 in all). Like you, we're looking for information concerning tours, etc. I am going to try to book a tour of St. Petersburg as it seems to be the only place we need one to do and see it all and I want to avoid the high price for the ship tour. Let me know if you are interested.

wundi06

Archived