Behind the fun tour

myangel

Just got off the Legend. The tour was one of the highlights of our cruise. We signed up as soon as we got on board. Tour took place on the morning of the last sea day. Lasted approximately 3 hours. Our leader was a coporate trainer and was extremely well informed.

Tour covered:

Behind stage-info from stage mgr and head dancer

Main dining room galley-info from head chef

Below decks for Laundry facility, crew qrts/mess, linen valet service, Engine control room (met with chief engineer)

Bridge-Mtg with first officer and captain

Specialty dining resturant-info from head chef

There is a lot of walking involved and some steep steps going down to decks A and B.

You recieve 3, 8x10 photos, day back bag, lanyard, soap carving, baseball hat and strawberries dipped in chocolate(delivered to cabin)

I'm glad Carnival has offered this excursion. After so many cruises, it was nice to know the inner workings of the ship.

Price is steep $95 but worth it to us.

I highly recommend this sometime during your cruising journeys.:D

I did it on the Dream and thought it was well worth the money. The only thing I didn't see that I would have liked to is a crew cabin. We did see the crew mess, bar and gym. We saw the engine control room but not the actual engines. The galley tour was a large part of the tour and I found it really neat. They had treats, fresh out of the oven for us to sample. We also had chocolate covered strawberries. We toured the kitchen area of the steak house as well. We received little tote bags, Carnival hats and 3 8x10 photos each. Plus the chef sent some treats to our room afterwards.

:)

I just did the tour on the Spirit in October and it was awesome. $95/pp for over 4 hours. You sign up on embarkation day at the excursion desk. If you wait, it will probably be sold out so do it before dinner if you can.

The security guard does check you with a wand to see if you are carrying cell phones/cameras/weapons etc. so don't try & sneak it. A lot of walking and climbing a few narrow crew stairways. The part I thought was the most interesting is the laundry facilities. We saw crew feed a wet sheet into a machine that dried & folded it. Within seconds a wet sheet becomes a dry folded sheet. Very cool. They also have a towel folder. We went into the laundry storeroom where there are piles taller than me of folded sheets/blankets/towels etc. We got to go on the bridge with the Captain too and get our picture taken with him. Well worth the money for us. I enjoyed it more than some of the land excursions I've done.

Archived