Question about cabins on the Miracle

DMKahlan

Question for anyone out there.

The DW, myself, and children are taking a cruise on the Miracle this Thanksgiving. We are booking two rooms. One will be a double and the other will be a triple. My TA stated that will have to book cabin assignment for two reasons. First reason is the triple room, supposedly Carnival will only book a triple or a quad through cabin assignment. The second reason we have to book cabin assignment is to guarantee the cabins will be next to or even close to each other. We did this last year when we sailed on the Glory, but this is my fifth cruise and I was kind of hoping the upgrade fairy would be good to me if I booked a guarantee. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of this situation so I can go back to my TA with some info? Thanks.

Doug, We are booked on the Legend with a GTY balcony and we have three in our cabin, same with the friends we are traveling with. We normally book assigned cabins and I know last year on the Miracle we couldn't get the cabins we wanted because they were quads and we only had three. I have never heard on them not letting anyone got GTY unless they already had a lot of them. I think the only thing you would have to worry about would be being close together. I think they try to keep you together but will make no guarantees. Good luck and happy sailing, John

We are 5 sailing on the Miracle, so we needed a double & a triple. We took the cabin assignment to guarantee that we would all be together. The last thing I wanted was DH & my boys in one cabin and me & my step-daughter in another far far away. Since we have cabins next to each other, IF we can get the balcony divider opened between our 7A cabins then the kids will be in one, and DH & I in another. This way if the kids need us they just walk onto the balcony and into our cabin. If they can't open the divider, it's boys in one room, girls in another.

That sounds like a plan. We're planning on one outside room and then the kids directly across from us in an inside room. I guess the idea of knowing that the kids will be next door (or acroos the hall) is a definite good thing. Thanks for the info. I'll chat with ya some more on the Roll Call Board.....

Archived