Spirit Review - 2/13/05

amarvel

Overall:

It was a wonderful cruise!!! The staff was some of the best I had, and I loved Michael as a CD - I thought he was really lively and entertaining! The stage was closed for repair so the entertainment was interesting, we were split into groups and then had to watch the shows in the smaller lounges, it worked out ok, we didn't really miss anything because of it - but then by the last night most had gone to the wrong shows and the comedians had to perform for only 12 of us.

also the ship was gorgeous! Some thought it was gaudy, but I really liked it, the atrium was really beautiful. And the food was the best i had ever had, the deli and the choices were great, when I went on the Inspiration in May, for lunch it seemed like the only choices were chicken or hamburgers, but this cruise, I never got bored with the food, it was great!!

My only complaint is that I have now cruised 4 times with Carnival and they don't change much, the trivia games are the same, the dinner singing is the same, etc, you would think each ship would be unique, but one of the games was the exact same from when I went on the Elation in 1999! (too bad that didn't help me win :) hehe) but I actually didn't have any complaints about the Spirit, it was a great cruise with a great staff.

Embarkation:

Was wonderful, but then we arrived really early, like 11am and there were no lines, we just walked right up to the counter, got our sail and signs and then waited in the waiting area until the ship was ready. We were part of the first group to enter the ship, and there was no hassles.

Sea Days:

I thought there was a wide variety of stuff to do, we kept quite busy the entire trip. We played games and won some trophy, my husband ended up being on the TV the entire week, he sang Row Row Row your boat after he won and we had people every day pointing at him..."I saw you on TV", that was funny. We really enjoyed playing the games and going in the hot tubs :)

Ports:

Ok I must agree with everyone else, Manzillo has to be the dumbest port stop ever! There was nothing to do, we did go snorkeling, but it wasn't anything to write home about, I actually would have preferred to have saved my money and stayed on board, it would have been nicer if the ship could have stopped elsewhere that final day.

We arrived 2 hours early in Acapulco, that was really nice, my husband and I walked the entire city, yes we walked, several miles actually and we got lost too, and ended up in the part of Acapulco that only the locals go to, it was really cool to see how they live and to see their normal shops and way of life. We saw the cliff divers, which was fabulous, we went to the night show, but if I had to do it over, we would have done the day show, as only one diver used the torches and I think we would have been able to see more and take pictures if we went during the day instead.

Zihua, we shopped at the little flea market type places right off the ship, then took a taxi to Ixtapa to go to Carlos and Charlie's, were we had a meal and drinks, then did the massages for ultra cheap. Thanks to everyone who suggested this, we had a blast!!

It was a really great cruise, and we had a wonderful time!

Angela

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone. I just would like to say Thanks for all the wonderful reviews and all the time spent in documenting your vacations so others can learn the "Do's and Don'ts"

I am going on the Spirit on 11/24/05

A Thanksgiving Cruise out of San Diego to the Mexican Riviera.

Actually, 15 of my family members are all going and meeting us there. Its should be a blast. I have read many reviews and this is only our second cruise. We are looking VERY forward to it.

On this cruise we will be taking our 2 young children (6 & 10) and they have never been on a cruise before. So this should be great for them. I hear alot about Camp Carnival.

Anyone know much about the Supper Club? Prices, quality? Reservations? Any help would be appreciated lots!

If there is ANY additional advice or help, please email me!

TheHollandsx4@aol.com

Archived