grand anse beach & fort george

greenscooter

We are planning on going to Grand Anse Beach (via water taxi) for part of our day in Grenada; but, also want to stop by Fort George & take some photos of the harbor. Can anyone give me recommendations on either taking the bus or taxi back from the beach? We are planning on asking to be dropped off at Fort George & walking back to the ship (Serenade of the Seas). How far is the fort from the ship? Also, anything else worth seeing in the town of St. George?

We are planning on going to Grand Anse Beach (via water taxi) for part of our day in Grenada; but, also want to stop by Fort George & take some photos of the harbor. Can anyone give me recommendations on either taking the bus or taxi back from the beach? We are planning on asking to be dropped off at Fort George & walking back to the ship (Serenade of the Seas). How far is the fort from the ship? Also, anything else worth seeing in the town of St. George?

Jump to 4.27 on this

and you'll see our ship filmed from the top of the fort which is about a 5-6 minute walk from stepping off the ship. Water or road taxi back from GAB doesn't matter, although I imagine road will be slightly cheaper, and you'll have done it by sea going to the beach. St George is reckoned to be one of the prettiest harbours in the Caribbean.

If it's any interest here's much longer video of Grenada

Hope it all works out and you have a great day there.

Cheers,

Tony

Archived