Triumph show "Big Easy": Does anyone remember any songs from the show?

k2excursion

We were on the Triumph last week for their 5-day cruise, and we were very impressed with their high energy, New Orleans themed song-and-dance show, "The Big Easy", on the final night. For the life of me, I can't remember the songs from that show, other than "When the Saints Go Marching In" and "At Last". With impressive shows like that one, I like to buy the songs and put together CDs that remind me of the shows. Does anyone who has seen this show remember any other songs from it? Thanks!

We were on the Triumph last week for their 5-day cruise, and we were very impressed with their high energy, New Orleans themed song-and-dance show, "The Big Easy", on the final night. For the life of me, I can't remember the songs from that show, other than "When the Saints Go Marching In" and "At Last". With impressive shows like that one, I like to buy the songs and put together CDs that remind me of the shows. Does anyone who has seen this show remember any other songs from it? Thanks!

I remember seeing that show on another ship, but can't remember which one and it was great. You might do a search on You-Tube for clips from the show. Even though it is strictly forbidden by Carnival to tape their

copyrighted shows, there are always some to whom life's rules do not apply,:D so there are lots of these things posted on You-Tube.

I remember...

Queen of the Night - Whitney Houston...where the lead female singer was hoisted up in the air

OK, on these I'm guessing....

On the Bayou (when the girls were fly fishing)

Jumpin' Java (??)

Rollin' on the River (Tina Turner)

Dang! Loved that production!! I can see every scene, but now I can't remember the songs...:( :D

I remember...

Queen of the Night - Whitney Houston...where the lead female singer was hoisted up in the air

OK, on these I'm guessing....

On the Bayou (when the girls were fly fishing)

Jumpin' Java (??)

Rollin' on the River (Tina Turner)

Dang! Loved that production!! I can see every scene, but now I can't remember the songs...:( :D

Thanks for the help. Yeah, it's strange how those songs can escape the mind afterwards.

• 4 months later...

We did that cruise last week. Here are the songs from that great show that we remember:

Iko Iko; Jambalaya; Only You (The Platters); At Last (Etta James); When the Saints Go Marchin in; Way Down Yonder in New Orleans; Knock on Wood (Eddie Floyd); Proud Mary (CCR and Tina Turner versions); House of the Rising Sun; Hello Stranger (Barbara Lewis); Hold on, I'm Comin; The Thrill is Gone (BB King); Go to the Mardi Gras (Professor Longhair). Queen of the Night; Born on the Bayou; Jump, Jive and Wail (Louis Prima).

Good luck with the CD.

• 2 weeks later...
We did that cruise last week. Here are the songs from that great show that we remember:

Iko Iko; Jambalaya; Only You (The Platters); At Last (Etta James); When the Saints Go Marchin in; Way Down Yonder in New Orleans; Knock on Wood (Eddie Floyd); Proud Mary (CCR and Tina Turner versions); House of the Rising Sun; Hello Stranger (Barbara Lewis); Hold on, I'm Comin; The Thrill is Gone (BB King); Go to the Mardi Gras (Professor Longhair). Queen of the Night; Born on the Bayou; Jump, Jive and Wail (Louis Prima).

Good luck with the CD.

Awesome! I wish I had a memory like yours. Thank you!!!:)

• 4 years later...
I remember "The House of the Rising Sun" and it was like a mad-hatter voodoo guy singing with gargoyles in the background. It was pretty amazing.

We saw the Big Easy show on the Legend in 2011 and the person who sang this song was the best I have ever heard. It gave me shivers it was so good.

Edited by blondietink