HMC Horseback Riding

butterflysweeti

First off, I apologize for those who are not visiting Half Moon Cay on their vacation & therefore this thread is not applicable to you....

I tried searching all of CC and even contacted Carnival, and have not found any info...

* Has anyone done the horseback riding in Half Moon Cay?

* Where do you get picked up from to start the tour and how early do you need to be there before your start time

* Do the horses go really deep in the water?

* Do you tip the tour guides? If yes, which ones & how much?

* How far away from the port is the horse ranch / how long does it take to get there?

- I did go ahead & book this excursion, but have a few days to cancel it if for some reason I changed my mind (penalty free).

If you have any other info aside from my ton of questions above, all would be very, very appreciated. Thanks so much !!! :);)

I will try and answer before this is moved to the HMC board. The riding place is about 10 minutes down the beach by bus. They picked us up right where we got off the tender. We were there about 15 minutes before the pickup time that was printed on our tickets. The horses go up to their chests in the water. I tipped the guides $5 each - they were VERY appreciative. We had a great time. The land part was eh- mostly walking up and down a few dusty hills. They then brought the horses back, put on water saddles, divided us into 2 groups of 8 (only certain horses do the swim part) and off we went. It was very exhilirating! Would do it again!

Thanks so much for your great info! Is it okay to bring a camera while on the tour? Could it get wet in the water? Thanks again:)

I brought a camera and used it on the dry part. The wranglers took some nice pictures of dh and I on our horses. I wouldn't take a chance taking it on the water ride, as there is a lot of splashing as the horses swim. Enjoy this excursion - I can't wait to visit HMC or Grand Turk (they do it there also) and do it again.

Archived