This for a leisurely day in Nassau?

Izzblizz

We are doing the snorkeling thing in Freeport, and don't really want to do the whole Atlantis thing in Nassau.

Two adults (no children). Week after Christmas. Ship is in 7 AM to 7 PM. Thought would let all the excursion people off and have leisurely breakfast, get off boat between 9-10 AM.

First, take taxi to Atlantis, take some pics of Chihuly installations, gamble a bit (while getting screwdriver or something if a cocktail waitress stops ;)

Around noon take taxi back to the fish fry for some conch and so forth. After that walk to Junkanoo beach (how far are they apart?) and spend afternoon on beach (do they rent chairs, etc?)

Thanks in advance for any input.

We have walked from the Fish Fry via Junkanoo beach back to the ship....very easy walk...I'm poor at estimating, but I would say less than 1/2 mile...we played on the beach as we walked and it was very nice. We rode the #10 Jitney to the Fish Fry, which is a fun experience by itself...

I did not see any chair rentals, but we were there on Dec. 27th (day after Boxing day) and everything seemed quiet except for a few hung over natives singing and diving for shells...:cool:

Sounds like you have a great plan...Enjoy!!!

We have walked from the Fish Fry via Junkanoo beach back to the ship....very easy walk...I'm poor at estimating, but I would say less than 1/2 mile...we played on the beach as we walked and it was very nice. We rode the #10 Jitney to the Fish Fry, which is a fun experience by itself...

I did not see any chair rentals, but we were there on Dec. 27th (day after Boxing day) and everything seemed quiet except for a few hung over natives singing and diving for shells...:cool:

Sounds like you have a great plan...Enjoy!!!

Thanks for the info! Sounds like easy. We will be there on the 29th.

Archived