Celebration Help?

packbarry

My family and I are cruising on the Celebration in October for 5 days. This will be mine and my wifes third cruise, but the first for my kids. We have sailed on the Fantasy and Ecstasy and enjoyed both, but haven't heard many comments about the Celebration out of Jacksonville. If anyone has been on this cruise recently, please post any helpful comments you might have. Thanks!:)

My family (myself, DW and 13yo DD) cruised on the Celebration this past November. We went with knowing that the Celebration is an older, smaller ship than most in Carnival's fleet, but we had a great time. We found the condition of the ship to be very good. The wait staff was very good (this is the first cruise I ever met the maitr d' before the last night!). Our cabin steward was almost invisible, but kept our rooms clean. The food was very good.

The only two "negatives" I can think of is 1) Freeport is not much of a port if you don't have an excursion planned, and 2) The comedian they had on board was terrible (IMHO). Neither of these amounted to much disaapointment.

Since Jacksonville is only a 6 hour drive away, I could reasonably see us cruiseing on the Celebration again. Good luck and have a great trip. If you have any specific questions, let me know.

We saw the camp carnival kids a couple of times doing some "group" things around the ship. We usually don't pay too much attention as our DD has never cared for the childrens camps (not just Carnival's, she didn't care for RCCL's or HAL's either), but the kids looked like they had a great time. The children's pool and the children's play area was on the back off the ship, below the aft pool level.

Archived